One of the most important parts of a computer system that we use every day is the printer. Many Windows 11 users have been getting the how to Fix ‘0x00000bc4 Error: No Printers Were Found’ Issue when they try to print something from their Windows computer. Too many Windows 11 users have this problem, which is a shame.
After doing more research, we found that the error code can be caused by a number of things, such as bugs or glitches in the Printer software, Printer Spooler services being stopped or turned off, bad registry entries, incorrect Group Policy settings, or an old Printer driver on the system.
While printing anything from your computer if you are facing the same error code then don’t worry, we have mentioned all the possible methods and workarounds in the article below which you can use and resolve the issue.
Fix: ‘0x00000bc4 Error: No Printers Were Found’ issue
Run the troubleshooter
- Type in Troubleshoot in Windows search and hit Enter
- Select Additional Troubleshooters
- Pick Printer and click Run the troubleshooter
- Wait till the scan is finished, and then apply the proposed fixes
- Restart your PC.
Tweak the Registry
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedit and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\RPC
- Right-click on RpcOverNamedPipes and select Modify.
- Now enter the Value data as 1 and click Ok to save the changes.
- In the same way, change the value data of RpcOverTcp (default) to 0.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Restart Printer Spooler Services
- First, press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box on your Windows 11 desktop.
- To open the Services window, type “services.msc” without the quotes and click “OK.”
- Right-click on Print Spooler in the list of services.
- The last step is to click “Restart” from the menu and wait for the service to start up again.
Update the Printer Driver
- First, right-click the Start button and choose “Device Manager.”
- From the list, expand “Printers,” then right-click on your printer.
- Click the button that says “Update Driver.”
- When prompted, click “Search automatically for drivers” and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the most recent driver.
- To fix the “no printers were found” error, repeat these steps for each driver.
Clear and reset Print Spooler
- Type cmd in Windows search
- Right-click on Command Prompt result and select Run as administrator
- When User Account Control shows up, click Yes
- Type in the following command, and press Enter after each:
net stop spooler
del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers* /Q”
net start spooler
- Close down Command Prompt and restart your system.
What is Printer Error 0x00000bc4?
Printer error 0x00000bc4 is a common error code that shows up when a user tries to connect their printer to a network or use a network printer. Usually, this error comes with the message “Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000bc4).” Several things can cause this error, which can be very frustrating.