This guide is about the How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC.
Want to use iCloud Drive files from Windows? Do you use iCloud to store your documents and other files on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac? If so, you’ll be happy to know that you can easily access your iCloud Drive data from a Windows computer as well as through standard Apple ecosystem devices.
While Apple prefers to keep its products in its own ecosystem, they recognize the number of Windows computers around the world and provide applications and services for Windows as well. Similarly, there is a proprietary iCloud desktop application available to Windows users who take advantage of this cloud service. In addition to its original software, iCloud is also available on all devices with a web browser. Therefore, no matter what platform you are on, you should have no trouble accessing your files.
So, are you an Apple iCloud user with a Windows computer? Want to learn how to access your iCloud documents on your computer? Then read on as we discuss how to access iCloud Drive files from your Windows computer.
Access ICloud Drive files from a Windows computer with a desktop application
We’ll discuss one but two ways to access your iCloud Drive files on your Windows computer. This method is for people who do not want to install additional software on their computer for fast access to their files and better overall integration. You must ensure that you have downloaded and installed the iCloud desktop application on your computer before proceeding.
- After installing iCloud, type “iCloud” in the search bar at the bottom of the screen and click the app to open it.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your Apple account if you are using it for the first time. Once in the iCloud window, make sure the iCloud Drive check box is selected. If not, click it and then click “Apply” as shown below.
- Now you need to go to My Computer. Simply type “This Computer” in the search bar and click Computer as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click “iCloud Drive” here in the Quick View menu in the left pane. You can now access all the documents and files stored on Apple’s cloud servers directly from your Windows computer.
So this is a method that allows you to access the original iCloud Drive files directly from Windows Explorer. It is convenient and works well.
But it’s not the only way to access iCloud Drive files and data from your computer, because you can also use the iCloud web app.
Access ICloud Drive files from a Windows computer using iCloud.com
If you are not interested in installing additional software on your computer, you can still access your files from the iCloud.com website. All you need is a web browser and you’re ready to go.
- Open any web browser installed on your computer and go to iCloud.com. Enter your Apple ID and click the arrow to sign in to your iCloud account.
- You will now be redirected to the iCloud dashboard. Simply click the iCloud Drive icon as shown in the screenshot below.
- As you can see here, all documents and other files are easily accessible to you.
Depending on the method you choose, you can now successfully access iCloud Drive documents, data, and files directly from your Windows computer.
Although this procedure is aimed at Windows PC users, this method can also be useful for Mac users who have installed Windows 10 on Boot Camp but still want to keep their iCloud content.
Each method discussed here has its own advantages. The desktop application is suitable for ordinary iCloud users who want to integrate the service into their computer to make file sharing much easier. However, the iCloud website should be good enough for most people who just want to access their files regardless of the device they are using.
Having trouble displaying iCloud Drive in the file manager? Make sure you have installed iCloud correctly on your Windows computer after installation. It’s also essential if you want to use other features like iCloud photos, sync contacts, sync bookmarks, and more.
By the way, if you also use iCloud Drive on a Mac, a handy tip for faster use is to put iCloud Drive in your Mac Dock so you can access it from anywhere, anytime.
We hope you were able to access all of your iCloud documents on your Windows computer without any problems. What method did you use to view your files? How do you feel about integrating iCloud with Windows? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.
Benefits: How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC
- The How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC guide is free.
FAQ: How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC
In this guide, I told you about the How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC.
In this guide, I discuss about the How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC, which is very helpful.
Apple Devices only.
mac OS or iOS
Final note: How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC
If you have any queries regards the How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Access iCloud Drive Files from Windows PC, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.