This guide is about the How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail.
Many of us have multiple email accounts, whether personal or work-related, and therefore Mac users may find it helpful to add a new email account to Mail in Mac.
This guide walks you through adding an email account to your Mac so you can check, manage, and access it from Mail. This allows you to add another email account to Mail on your Mac, set up a new email account, or even add a new email account you’ve never used before. Technically, you can add multiple email accounts to Mail if you want. There are no small restrictions on the number of accounts you can configure in the application. The configuration is the same for virtually all vaguely new versions of Mac software, be it macOS or Mac OS X.
How to add email accounts to your Mac
This adds a new email account to Mail, the default email program on Mac OS:
- Open Mail in Mac OS *
- Drag down the “Mail” menu and select “Add Account”
- In the list, select the e-mail service to which you want to add a new e-mail account; if the e-mail account service is not listed, select Add another e-mail account.
- Enter your name, email address and password into the email address and log in
That’s it, your new email account will be added to Mac Mail and set up for use. The Mail app for Mac automatically detects your settings and sets up your email account for use on your Mac.
If you’ve added more than one email account, it’s probably helpful to set your default email account so that emails are sent from the account you want to send them to by default, and because this setting uses Mail, the app you want to make sure Mail is set as your default email application on your computer. .
* Note that if you’re launching Mail on a Mac for the first time, it will often prompt you to set up an email account immediately. If so, just follow the onscreen instructions, as you don’t need to set up a new email account in Mail. You can also use this to create an icloud.com email address if you wish.
Earlier versions of Mac OS required slightly more settings for setting up email on a Mac, including entering mail servers, but usually these settings are almost always met automatically because Mail is smart enough to detect and set up servers for the most common email accounts and email services, including iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo , AOL, Hotmail, Outlook, MobileMe and Mac.com, as well as many other services. Sometimes users of ISP-based e-mail accounts may still need to configure their mail settings manually, so if you’re having trouble with a Comcast, Cox, or Charter e-mail address, you may need to obtain the necessary e-mail servers from your ISP and feeds manually (almost always in the form “mail .domain.com “). If for some reason you need to edit your email account settings manually or want to change them later, you can do so through the Accounts option in the Mail menu or by going to System Preferences and editing the Internet Accounts settings panel as needed. .
Add email accounts to Mac Mail through System Preferences
You can also add email accounts to your Mac through the System Preferences panel for Internet accounts:
- Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences, then Internet Accounts
- On the primary screen, select the Internet service to which you want to add an email account, or click Add another account at the bottom
- Follow the onscreen instructions to sign in with your email account information
This also adds an email account to MacOS Mail. The installation is basically the same as if you went through Mail, and whether you start the process in System Preferences or Mail, the settings are passed to everyone.
And yes, you can easily delete an email account from your Mac if you’ve added the wrong account or decide you no longer want a particular account on your computer, so don’t feel stuck if you try this and later choose if you don’t have a specific account on your Mac.
Benefits: How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail
- The How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail guide is free.
FAQ: How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail
Guide about How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail
In this guide, I told you about the How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail.
How this Guide helping you?
In this guide, I discuss about the How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail, which is very helpful.
What are the supported devices for this guide?
Apple Devices only.
What are the supported Operating system?
mac OS or iOS
Final note: How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail
If you have any queries regards the How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Add a New Email Account to Mac Mail, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.