When you try to play Apple Music on your iPhone and get the error message Fix Apple Music ‘The Operation Could Not Be Completed’ issue iOS 16″ and can’t play music on Apple Music on your iPhone 12, 13, or on iOS 16, 15, or 14, you can easily fix the problem by following these simple steps. So, let’s look at this in more depth.
If you get “this operation could not be completed” or “an unknown error” on your iPhone, the first thing you need to do is restart it and force restart it. Most of the time, this will fix the problem, but if it doesn’t, try other things. Visit their official website for more information.
Fix: Apple Music ‘The Operation Could Not Be Completed’ issue
Force Close Apple Music
- Swipe-up from the bottom of the screen to open the App Switcher interface.
- Swipe the Apple Music card away from the screen to force quit the app.
- Return to the Home Screen an re-open the Music app.
- Try to play a song. Does the ‘unknown error occurred’ popup still show up?
Reinstall Apple Music
- Open Settings and go to General.
- Open Storage, find the Music App, and tap it.
- Tap on Offload app and wait for the process to complete.
- Next, you will see a Reinstall option – tap on it and your Apple Music app will be reinstalled, after which the error would hopefully cease to appear.
Check your Apple Music subscription
- Open the Apple Music app and tap on Listen Now.
- Now tap on your account’s picture (top-right).
- Check the current status of your subscription to Apple Music – if it is active, move on to the next suggested fix.
- If your subscription is expired, renew it and see if the error goes away.
Restart Apple Music
- From the bottom of your screen, swipe up to get to the App Switcher screen.
- Swipe away the Apple Music tile to force the app to close.
- Go back to your iPhone’s Home Screen and re-open Apple Music.
- Try to play a song to see if the error has stopped appearing.
Reset All Settings
- Go to settings.
- Tap on General -> Transfer or reset.
- Enter your iPhone passcode and tap on reset all settings.
- Confirm reset all settings and wait for your iPhone to reset.
Why does Apple Music say the operation could not be completed? If Apple Music says that the operation could not be completed, the song you are trying to play is probably in an unsupported format. If Apple Music says that the operation cannot be completed for all songs, it’s likely due to an Apple Music bug.
Here, the computer is letting you know that it cannot complete a process because there isn’t enough space on your disk to create, save, or edit new files. Essentially, the only solution to this problem is to create space on your disk.