Email is now an important way to communicate for both personal and business reasons in today’s busy world. It can be hard to keep track of important emails, though, because there are so many of them. Luckily, Microsoft Outlook has a lot of features that can help users organize their emails and decide which ones to read first. In this article we will discuss about the how to Auto Highlight Outlook Emails Based on Age.
Auto-highlighting emails based on age is one of these features. You can set Outlook to automatically highlight emails that are more than a certain number of days old. This makes it easier to find messages that need your attention. You can make sure you never miss an important email by using this feature, even if your inbox is full. We will show you step-by-step how to make Outlook automatically highlight emails based on their age.
What is Auto Highlighting?
Outlook has a feature called “auto highlighting” that lets you make emails stand out based on certain criteria. Some people find this helpful when they have a lot of emails and need to quickly find the ones that are important or need their attention. Conditional formatting rules can be used to do auto-highlighting.
Why Highlight Emails Based on Age?
- To find old emails that need to be dealt with. Some people get so many emails every day that it’s easy to forget about the ones you need to answer. You can quickly see which emails need your attention by highlighting old ones.
- To find old emails that you can get rid of. Clean out your inbox often to keep it from running out of space and to make it work better. Highlighting old emails makes it easy to find ones that you can get rid of without losing any important data.
- To find old emails that you need to save for later. You can archive old emails if you need to keep them for future use but don’t need to consult them often. You can easily find emails that you need to archive by highlighting old emails.
How to Auto highlight Outlook Emails Based on Age
- Start up your Outlook program.
- To change the view, click the View tab, then the Change View tab, and finally click the Manage View tab.
- Type a name for the new view after clicking the “New” button.
- When you’re done, click the Add button and then the Conditional Formatting button.
- Pick a color and click “OK.”
- Press on the Condition button.
- Move the mouse over “Frequently used fields,” click the field drop-down arrow, and then choose “Received.”
- Click on Between in the list box that says “Condition.”
- Type 20 days ago and 30 days ago into the Value list box.
- After that, click the View tab and pick the rule you made from the list.
Additional Tools for Advanced Email Highlighting
- Microsoft Power Automate: The Microsoft Power Automate platform is a low-code (or no-code) automation tool that can be used to automate many tasks, such as email highlighting. Power Automate lets you make your own rules that will automatically mark emails that meet certain criteria.
- Zapier: is another low-code or no-code automation platform that can be used to make email highlighting happen automatically. With Zapier, you can link Outlook to other apps, like Trello, and make your own workflows that will move emails to the right Trello board and highlight them automatically.
- Superhuman: Superhuman is an email client with a lot of advanced features, such as the ability to highlight emails. Artificial intelligence is used by Superhuman to find important emails and make them stand out in your inbox.
- Newton Mail: Another email client that has advanced features for highlighting emails is Newton Mail. Newton Mail lets you highlight emails based on the sender, the recipient, the subject line, and keywords in the body of the email, among other things.
Importance of Auto-Highlighting in Outlook
The ability for Outlook to automatically highlight important emails is useful because it lets you find them more quickly. Outlook will automatically highlight emails that meet certain criteria when you turn it on. For example, emails from certain people, emails with keywords in the subject line or body, or emails that have been marked will be highlighted.
- Increased productivity: Auto-highlighting can help you to save time by quickly and easily identifying important emails in your inbox. This can allow you to focus on the emails that matter most and get your work done more efficiently.
- Reduced stress: Auto-highlighting can help to reduce stress by helping you to avoid missing important emails. When important emails are highlighted, you are more likely to see them and respond to them promptly.
- Improved organization: Auto-highlighting can help you to organize your inbox by making important emails stand out from the rest. This can make it easier for you to find the information you need and keep your inbox tidy.
For some reason, the Outlook app for Android can only store messages from the last month. Because the “mail days to sync” setting can only be set to 30 days, you can only get emails that are less than 30 days old.
If you just now realized you lost some older emails and didn’t move, delete, or archive them, it’s likely because Outlook has a setting that limits how long emails will be kept locally. You can change this setting quickly and easily, and you can get to it at any time.
If your emails are going to a different folder, check to see if you have any filters set up. Your emails might be going missing because of how you set up your email account. Make sure that your email account settings don’t delete your emails automatically after a certain amount of time.