This guide is about the How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad.
Want to make sure your WhatsApp conversations and conversations are backed up? You are in the right place. No matter what instant messaging platform you may use, your messages and other media play a huge role. These can include work-related discussions with colleagues, important plans with family, friends, and the list goes on. Therefore, you should consider backing up this data to cloud storage services so that you do not lose it exactly after a corrupted software update or a simple installation or setup.
Stock Messages, baked for iOS devices, automatically backs up your conversations to iCloud as long as it’s on. However, popular third-party messaging services, such as WhatsApp, take a slightly different approach to backing up conversations.
Want to learn how to back up your WhatsApp conversation to the cloud? Well, look no further, because in this article, we’ll discuss exactly how you can use Apple’s iCloud service to back up all your WhatsApp messages and media to avoid accidentally losing data permanently.
Deploying ICloud Drive to back up WhatsApp data
Before you back up WhatsApp chats and media, you need to make sure your iCloud Drive is turned on on your iPhone and iPad. Although iCloud backup is enabled by default, it doesn’t necessarily mean that iCloud Drive is enabled, because they are both different.
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone or iPad home screen.
- You can access the Apple ID section by tapping “Apple ID Name,” located just above the airplane mode option, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now tap “iCloud” to adjust your settings for Apple iCloud.
- Scroll down slightly here and tap the switch next to iCloud Drive to turn it on. Also, make sure the “iCloud Backup” option above it is also turned on.
- If you scroll down and down, you’ll notice WhatsApp’s iCloud Drive setting. Tap the switch next to it to turn it on, just in case it’s off.
How to back up WhatsApp conversations to iCloud on iPhone and iPad
Now that you’ve enabled iCloud Drive, you can back up your data either automatically or manually on WhatsApp. Simply follow the steps below to accomplish this.
- Open WhatsApp from the iPhone or iPad home screen.
- When you open WhatsApp, you will be taken to the chat section. Now tap “Settings” right next to the highlighted Chat icon at the bottom of the screen.
- In this menu, tap “Chats”, which is marked with the same icon as WhatsApp.
- Now tap “Chat Backup”.
- Here you can back up your chats. If you want to back up your conversations and media manually, just tap “Back up now”. You’ll also notice the switch to include videos in iCloud backups just below it.
- To further control how often WhatsApp automatically backs up your data, tap “Auto Backup” located just above the toggle switch to include videos.
- Here you can set WhatsApp to back up your conversations daily, weekly or monthly. In addition, if you do not want automatic backups or want to save data, they can be turned off completely.
It has almost all the steps needed to back up WhatsApp conversations and media to Apple’s iCloud servers.
From now on, even if you uninstall and install WhatsApp later, you will be able to restore your conversation in seconds. The app prompts you to recover data from iCloud as soon as you enter your phone number. In addition, you can also recover your data if you lost it due to a corrupted iOS software update.
Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that one backup would be hundreds of megabytes in size, especially if you’re a regular WhatsApp user. So if you frequently use mobile data, we recommend disabling automatic backup or just disabling iCloud mobile data transfer to avoid excessive data charges.
Keep in mind that what’s backed up may depend on your individual settings, so if you regularly clear WhatsApp’s data storage space or stop WhatsApp from storing photos and videos on iPhone, you obviously won’t back up data that WhatsApp hasn’t saved. in the first place.
We live in an age when we no longer have to rely on physical storage. Services like iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc., make it easy for users to conveniently store all their data in the cloud and access it at any time in minutes. Even if the physical storage space on your phone is erased, you can restore all your data as long as it is fully backed up in cloud storage mode. It’s very handy, of course, so if you can and want to, why not take advantage of cloud backups?
Did you successfully back up WhatsApp chats to iCloud? If not, what issues did you encounter during this procedure? Let us know your thoughts and opinions on WhatsApp backups and cloud storage services in the comments section below.
Benefits: How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad
- The How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad guide is free.
FAQ: How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad
In this guide, I told you about the How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad.
In this guide, I discuss about the How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad, which is very helpful.
Apple Devices only.
mac OS or iOS
Final note: How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad
If you have any queries regards the How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Backup WhatsApp Chats to iCloud on iPhone & iPad, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.