The Baldur’s Gate 3 Baldur’s Gate 3: Get Past Noxious Fumes are one of the more challenging obstacles in the Hag’s lair. These vents spew out clouds of poison mist that can cause significant damage, and they also catch fire if you set off the strange flowers that are hidden within each of them.
There is a way to get through them, despite the fact that they appear to be impassable, and if you do it correctly, you won’t have to worry about taking any damage along the way (and you definitely won’t want to, considering that the Baldur’s Gate 3 hag battle with Auntie Ethel is right around the corner). If you want to make it through the area of Baldur’s Gate 3 known as the Noxious Fumes without taking any damage, then here is how you can do it.
What are Noxious Fumes?
In Baldur’s Gate 3, it’s not a good idea to get caught in a cloud of poison that will kill you. Poison is almost never good for your health, and breathing it in is bad for your lungs. We strongly suggest that you stay away from any airborne poisons, but we also know that this isn’t always possible.
When you find yourself in a place like this, getting rid of these clouds is your top priority. If you don’t know how, this can be hard. We do, luckily, and in this guide, we’ll show you how to deal with everything from poison clouds to smelly fumes.
Where to Encounter Noxious Fumes in Baldur’s Gate 3
- The Goblin Camp: The Goblin Camp is a place in the Shrieker Woods where goblins live. There are also smelly fumes there. You can usually find them near the goblin alchemist’s lab.
- The Underdark: The Underdark is a part of the Forgotten Realms that is underground. It has smelly fumes. They usually live in places where there is a lot of decay and rot.
- The Hag’s Lair: The Hag’s Lair is a dungeon in the Shrieker Woods where you can smell bad things. They can often be found near the witch’s cauldron.
How to Get past Noxious Fumes
- First, have the person in your group with the best Perception move slowly toward the gas.
- They should automatically make a Perception check and see the Ruptured Stone in the middle of the fumes.
- Next, choose something you don’t care about, like a small rock or a piece of old gear.
- Choose the Throw choice.
- The last step is to throw your item at the Ruptured Stone.
Larian Studios made the role-playing video game Baldur’s Gate 3 and put it on the market. It comes after Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn. The game takes place in the Forgotten Realms campaign world, and fights happen one at a time.
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X||Intel Core i7-7700K or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X|
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB or AMD Radeon RX 570||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 580|
|Storage||60 GB||60 GB|
But you should ideally be level 5 or higher for the fight to go smoothly. Auntie Ethel is at level 5, and it can be hard to keep her health bar from going down. Auntie Ethel changes into her Hag form when you get to her lair in Baldur’s Gate
There are different ways to get Mayrina out of the cage. You can turn off the fire with a bottle of water or the “Create or Destroy Water” spell, or you can use the glowing yellow Control Orb on the west side of the pit.
If the players point the wand at the coffin, Conor comes back as a zombie. If a player keeps the wand, they can use it to temporarily call a minion to fight with them. Mayrina will hate the player as well.