You have arrived at the correct location if you are looking for information on How to Disable Larian Launcher on Baldur’s Gate 3. Simply adding a console command in the game’s properties menu will allow you to bypass the additional window when launching Baldur’s Gate 3, allowing you to access the game directly through Steam.
Steam is wonderful because it eliminates the need to have 67,000 different game launchers installed on your computer in order to play all of the various games that you want to play on a regular basis. However, every once in a while a game will come along that will insist on opening a separate launcher as well. Because of this, I have written this guide to explain the steps that you need to follow in order to disable the launcher for Baldur’s Gate 3. You can learn more about this on the official website.
How to Disable Larian Launcher in Baldur’s Gate 3
- Right–click the game in your library on Steam.
- Select “Properties.”
- On the “General” tab, scroll down until you see “Launch Options.”
- In the “Launch Options” text box, type or copy and paste the following:
Why Disable the Larian Launcher in Baldur’s Gate 3
- To improve performance, turn off the Larian Launcher app. It uses a lot of memory and CPU power, so turning it off can free up some space. This can make the game feel more responsive and quick.
- To avoid crashes: In Baldur’s Gate 3, the Larian Launcher has been known to cause crashes. Getting rid of it can help stop these crashes from happening.
- To change how the game works: You can’t change how the game works with the Larian Launcher. If you turn it off, you’ll have more say over how the game looks and feels.
- To avoid new versions: The Larian Launcher updates Baldur’s Gate 3 on its own. If you don’t want the latest updates, you can turn off the launcher to stop them from coming.
Benefits of Disabling the Launcher
- Better performance: The launcher app uses a lot of memory and CPU power, so turning it off can free up some space. This can make your device seem faster and more responsive.
- When you turn off the launcher: you can switch to a different one that gives you more control over how your home screen looks and feels.
- Less clutter: The launcher usually has a lot of icons and widgets, which can be distracting. If you turn it off, you can focus on the apps you use the most.
- Improved security: The launcher can be used to open malicious apps, which is a security risk. Malware can’t get into your device as much if you turn it off.
It is best not to use Vulkan on systems with more power. But on lower-end systems, using the Vulkan launcher can make the gameplay experience, FPS, and smoothness of the gameplay much better.
It is a type of 3D graphics API that can be used instead of OpenGL or DirectX, which are more well-known. It can make your PC run faster and improve and smooth out animations. Some Vulkan users say that their games run faster, have more FPS, and are less likely to crash.
Baldur’s Gate 3 has a level cap of 12. Before the full release of the game, it was set at level 5. Because it makes the game more complicated, it’s not likely that there will be any more updates or expansions that raise the level cap above 12.