Looking to spice up your gatherings? Say goodbye to predictable charades and discover a selection of captivating party games for grown-ups. Whether you’re looking for something to make you laugh or something to challenge your mind, we have got you covered. Not every party is the same, so we’ve put together a mix of classics, unusual gems, and interactive marvels to make sure yours is anything but boring. There are the best Party Games for Adults that you can suggest your friends.
Get ready for games that involve drinks and dares, which are great for getting people into the party spirit. We’ve also added icebreakers and cozy conversation starters that are great for smaller dinner parties. Our wide range of options means that everyone will have a good time, even if some of them aren’t appropriate for family events. So, pop the cork on the wine, gather your friends, and get ready for a night of laughs you’ll never forget. Below we have mentioned the best party games for adults.
Best Party Games for Adults Comparison Table
|Czech Games Codenames||Word/Party||Multiplayer (4-8 players)||$19.95||Download Game|
|Exploding Kittens Card Game||Card/Party||Multiplayer (2-5 players)||$19.99||Download Game|
|Cards Against Humanity The Main Game||Card/Party||Multiplayer (4-20 players)||$25.00||Download Game|
|Mattel Games Apples to Apples||Word/Party||Multiplayer (4-10 players)||$14.99||Download Game|
|What Do You Meme? Core Game||Card/Party||Multiplayer (3+ players)||$29.99||Download Game|
Czech Games Codenames
- Engaging word game
- All ages can enjoy it.
- Helps people work together and communicate.
- Different word combinations make it easy to play again and again
- Easy to carry and learn
The more people who play Codenames, the more fun it is, said our tester. At the start of the game, one spymaster from each team is chosen. The only people in the game who know the secret identities of the 25 agents are the spymasters. Currently, this is one of the best party games for adults you can consider now.
The point of the game is for the spymasters to try to use one-word clues to get their teammates to guess the cards that match the codenames of their spies. If you guess right, your team gets a point. If you can find a word that fits more than one spy’s codename, you can get more points.
During testing, even the youngest players took about two minutes to figure out how to play and set up the game. This gave Codenames a perfect score for setup. Some players didn’t really like that it was educational, and some of the one-word clues are hard to figure out, so they sometimes felt like they were losing. Overall, though, this is a fun game for anyone who likes word puzzles.
- Word association game that is fun and hard.
- Encourages players to work together and talk to each other.
- Can be played by a lot of people at once.
- With many different word cards, it can be played many times.
- Suitable for different age groups.
- Needs to know a lot about words and how to use language.
- Players who have trouble with wordplay might not enjoy it as much.
- Can cause players to get stuck if they think about their clues too much.
Exploding Kittens Card Game
- Card game that is funny and moves quickly
- Easy rules and a quick game
- Different art and ideas
- Good for parties.
- There are expansion packs for more fun.
Exploding Kittens is basically a game of hot potato, and it’s very easy to learn. That’s why we gave it a perfect score for setup. The goal of the game is to avoid drawing an Exploding Kitten card, which puts you out of the game right away. Unless, of course, you have a “Defuse” card or some other card that changes the rules of the game and lets you pass the card or skip your turn. Cards that can be used to distract the kittens include laser pointers, kitten yoga, and catnip.
There are six different versions of this game, and each one is a different level of appropriateness. So you can choose the right one based on who is coming to your party. The same number of people can play the kid-friendly (ages 7 and up) and adult-friendly (ages 17 and up) versions.
We gave the game high marks for design because the cards had funny pictures and a glossy, strong finish. Because the game isn’t very action-packed and there’s a lot of waiting around while each player makes a choice, it can feel like it takes a long time to play. Overall, this is one of the best party games for adults you can consider now.
- Has a funny and odd theme that makes it even more fun.
- Offers different expansion packs to add more variety.
- It can be played by a lot of people at once and doesn’t take long.
- Some players might find the jokes boring or silly.
- If you play it more than once, it might get boring.
Cards Against Humanity The Main Game
- Very funny and disrespectful party game
- Unique and creative combinations
- Suitable for large groups
- There are expansion packs for more cards.
- Simple to play and learn
Cards Against Humanity should be on every list of the best games for adults. There’s a reason why this game is a cult favorite. It’s marketed as a “party game for horrible people,” and it’s both a lot of fun and a very bad idea. It’s important to know who you’re playing with, because some of the topics are very sensitive or upsetting.
Still, if your group likes funny things that aren’t appropriate, that’s one reason to love it. Like in Apples to Apples, a judge is chosen to choose their favorite sentence made from the Black and White cards. To play, the Judge picks a Black Card with a sentence or phrase for all players to see. Once this card is drawn, each player fills in the blank with a word or phrase from their hand of white cards, most of which are hilariously inappropriate.
The judge will then choose their favorite wild combination from those given. We loved how many times we could play this game, and with all the expansion packs, the fun never has to stop. Currently, this is one of the best party games for adults you can consider now.
- Great for groups of people who like dark or weird humor.
- Can be used with expansion packs to make the game last longer.
- It makes people laugh and gives them moments to remember
- Some players may be upset by inappropriate or offensive content.
- Players need to be okay with adult humor and themes.
- It might not be good for groups that are more conservative or sensitive.
Mattel Games Apples to Apples
- Card game that is fun and good for all ages
- Boosts imagination and creativity
- Playable by people of all ages
- The right mix of luck and planning
- Simple to understand and quick to put together.
Apples to Apples is a classic party game that is easy to understand and works well for big groups. The goal of the game is to choose a card from your hand that most closely matches the card that the judge plays. Still, this is one of the best party games for adults you can consider now.
For the game, each player starts with seven red apple cards that are face down. In each round, the judge picks a green apple card with adjectives on it and reads it out loud to the group. Players have to win a certain number of rounds, which is based on how many people are playing.
This comparison game is a lot like “Cards Against Humanity” and “What Do You Meme?” But unlike those games, Apples to Apples is based on more clean humor, which makes it a good choice for coworkers, new friends, or family parties.
- Everyone of any age can learn it quickly.
- It encourages friendly competition and talk.
- Can be played by a large number of people.
- Offers decks with different themes for people with different interests.
- depends a lot on personal judgment, which can lead to disagreements.
- Only a few times can be played, since the same cards are used over and over.
- May not appeal to players who want a more difficult game.
What Do You Meme? Core Game
- Funny party game based on memes
- Funny and creative combinations
- Keeps up with what’s happening on the internet
- Suitable for large groups
- Expansion packs available for more meme options
What Do You Meme is a game of cards for people who like memes. In each round, one person is chosen to be the judge, and the rest of the players are given cards from a deck of possible captions. The judge chooses a meme card and shows it to everyone else. Then, everyone draws from their hand of caption cards to see who can make the funniest meme, and the judge picks a winner. The rules of the game are easy to explain and understand, so our tester gave it a perfect score for set-up.
This game is better for big groups because it still has funny pop-culture references and raunchy, sexual, and explicit phrases like Cards Against Humanity, but without some of the more offensive jokes. If you don’t feel comfortable telling a very dirty or hurtful joke to any of these people, you shouldn’t play. Overall, it did well, but as time went on, we noticed that the plays became more predictable. Currently, this is one of the best party games for adults you can consider now.
- Interesting for people who like memes and internet culture.
- Can be played by a lot of people at once.
- There are expansion packs that add new content.
- Some players may get tired of the jokes after a while.
- Players who aren’t into memes might not enjoy it as much.
A good game for a party should first and foremost be fun. Also, you want to make sure that getting started is easy. This means that the game should be easy to set up and have clear instructions that everyone in your group can understand. At a party, simple things like acting, guessing, drawing, and betting usually work well.
So, what is a “My Favorite Things Party” and how do you throw one? The basic idea is that guests bring a few of the same unwrapped gifts that cost at least the amount you set, and then they go home with the same number of items from other guests.
In tabletop role-playing games, a party is made up of player characters and sometimes non-player characters controlled by the players or the gamemaster.