The best business phone systems make it easy to set up and run a software-based phone system in the office and at home. With HD VoIP calling, these software-based business phone systems have completely replaced hardware-based PBX systems for many businesses. Also, because business smartphones are becoming more popular, they can now be added to a modern cloud-based business phone system. This lets employees take calls from anywhere, whether they are in the office, on the go, or working from home.
The result is an enterprise-level solution that can be used by any business, no matter how big or small, and that can be used in the office or at home at a reasonable price. On top of all this, software-based phone systems offer integrations and analytics that make it easier for sales and support to interact with customers and give you actionable insights into the customer journey and customer behaviour.
What is a business phone system?
A business phone system is a way for a business or organization to communicate over the phone. It is also called a corporate phone system or an office phone system. These systems give employees a way to make and receive calls, both within the company and with clients, customers, and partners outside of it. Business phone systems usually have a number of features and tools that make it easier for people to talk to each other and work together.
Benefits of using a business phone system
📞 Better communication: Business phone systems give employees reliable and effective tools for talking to each other and with people outside of the company. This makes it easier to work together and share information.
🌟 Professional Image: Business phone systems often have features like automated attendants, voicemail, and call routing that give organizations a professional and polished look. This is important if you want to make a good impression on customers and clients.
🔄 Call queueing, call routing, and voicemail are all features that can help improve customer service by making sure that calls are answered quickly and correctly. Customers like getting answers to their questions.
💰 Cost Savings: Many business phone systems offer low-cost ways to communicate, such as long-distance calling plans and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) options. Compared to traditional phone services, these can save a business a lot of money.
Best Business Phone Systems Comparison Table
Business phone systems are important ways for businesses of all sizes to talk to each other. They make it easy to send talk and data, which boosts productivity and customer service. Modern systems have things like messages, call forwarding, and conferencing that make it easier to stay in touch. Businesses can customize their systems to meet their unique needs, from traditional landlines to advanced VoIP options, which is important in today’s competitive market.
|Pricing||Subscription-based||Custom pricing||Subscription-based||Free with limitations||Subscription-based|
|Mobile Apps||iOS, Android||iOS, Android||iOS, Android||iOS, Android||iOS, Android|
|Customer Support||24/7||Email, phone||Phone, chat, email||Limited||24/7|
- Unified communications platform
- VoIP, video conferencing, team messaging
- Scalable for businesses of all sizes
- Integration with popular business apps
RingCentral MVP is a messaging, video calling, and phone service that runs in the cloud and is made for businesses of all sizes and types. The system stands out as a good way for businesses to communicate with their remote and hybrid workers. With an open line of communication and an easy-to-use interface, staff members can work together effectively from anywhere in the world on any device that can connect to the internet.
- Feature-rich platform with a wide range of communication tools.
- Scalable for businesses of all sizes.
- Strong mobile app for remote work.
- Integrations with popular business software.
- Can be relatively expensive.
- Customer service quality can vary.
- Complex setup for advanced configurations.
- Cloud-based virtual phone system
- Customizable IVR and call routing
- Call recording and analytics
- SMS and voice broadcasting capabilities
Servetel is India’s leading cloud telephony service provider. It helps businesses connect with their clients and talk to them. This business phone system gives you affordable mobile numbers that make it easier for your company to track campaigns. By running many missed call campaigns, businesses can easily reach out to clients without spending money.
- Cost-effective pricing plans.
- Good call quality and reliability.
- Easy setup and user-friendly interface.
- Virtual receptionist and call routing features.
- Limited international calling options.
- Fewer advanced features compared to some competitors.
- Limited integration options with other business tools.
- Affordable VoIP phone service
- HD voice quality
- Virtual receptionist and call forwarding
- Voicemail-to-email and mobile app
Ooma Office is a business phone service that works over the internet and aims to give small businesses the same phone experience as big businesses. Ooma might not have as many bells and whistles as some VoIP services, but it is positioned very well as a solution for smaller businesses with tighter budgets.
- Affordable pricing for small businesses.
- Clear call quality.
- Easy DIY installation.
- Good for businesses with basic phone needs.
- Limited advanced features.
- May require additional hardware purchases.
- International calling rates can be high.
- Integrates with Gmail and Google Workspace
- Free and paid plans available
- Voicemail transcription
- Call screening and forwarding options
Google Voice for Google Workspace is a popular small business phone system for companies that already use Google products like Gmail and Google Docs. It gives businesses that are growing things they need, like voicemail transcriptions and free calls to the US.
- Free or low-cost for basic features.
- Integration with other Google Workspace apps.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Good for solo entrepreneurs or small teams.
- Limited advanced call management features.
- Limited customer support options.
- Not suitable for large or complex business needs.
- AI-powered cloud phone system
- VoIP calling and messaging
- Real-time analytics and reporting
- Integrations with G Suite and Microsoft 365
Dialpad is a cloud-based business communications platform that is powered by AI and has a phone system built right in. It is made for small businesses and even enterprise-level organizations that need a phone system that is easy to use and can be set up from anywhere.
- User-friendly interface and mobile app.
- Integration with popular business apps.
- AI-powered features for call analytics.
- Good scalability for growing businesses.
- Pricing can be higher than some competitors.
- Advanced features may require additional costs.
- Limited international calling options.
How to choose the right business phone system for your business
Choosing the right business phone system for your company is a big choice that can affect how people communicate, work together, and how productive the company is as a whole. When choosing a business phone system, you should think about the following steps:
🔍 Check out what your business needs: Start by figuring out what your company needs in terms of communication. Think about how many workers you have, what your business does, how many calls you get, and if you need any special features or integrations.
💰 Think about your budget: Set a budget for the phone setup in your business. Make sure you understand the total cost of ownership, which includes the cost of the equipment, installation, regular service fees, and any extra features or add-ons.
☁️ Choose Between On-Premises and Cloud-Based: Choose between a phone system that is located and managed on-site and one that is hosted and handled off-site by a service provider. Each has its own benefits and things to think about.
📞 Think About VoIP Options: Systems that use speech over Internet Protocol (VoIP) send speech data over the internet. VoIP can save money and make it easier to work from home. Find out if VoIP is a good fit for your business.
🔧 Check the features and how they work: Make a list of the most important features and functions your business needs, such as call forwarding, messages, conference calling, auto-attendant, mobile integration, and scalability. Compare the benefits of different systems to see which one has what you need.
AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon are the three biggest networks in the US. All three offer services directly and have strong, nationwide networks that offer 4G LTE (fast) and 5G (really fast) data.23-Mar-2023
A private branch exchange (PBX) is a phone system in a business that lets users share a certain number of external phone lines and switch calls between users on local lines.