When it comes to top-notch best cat games, there is an abundance of opportunities to experience the world from a feline’s perspective or gather a delightful litter of kittens. If you thought that Stray was the only game about cats, you’re in for a pleasant treat. We have put together a list of ten very fun cat games for you to try.
With the upcoming release of Little Kitty, Big City later this year, games about cute and friendly cats are becoming more and more popular. This means that the list of great cat games is likely to keep growing as more games try to make it to the top. For now, let’s look at some of the best cat games, from old favorites on the Nintendo DS to more current games.
Best Cat Games Comparison Table
|Catlateral Damage||Simulation||Single player||$9.99||Visit Website|
|Gravity Rush||Action-Adventure||Single player||$19.99||Visit Website|
|Gato Roboto||Action-Adventure||Single player||$7.99||Visit Website|
|Animal Crossing Games||Life Simulation||Single/Multiplayer||Varies||Visit Website|
|The Cat Lady||Adventure||Single player||$9.99||Visit Website|
- You can play as a mischievous cat and cause trouble in different places.
- Knock things over, look around, and make a mess.
- It’s fun and wild to play.
If you like the idea of playing as a cat, you’ll want to start knocking things off the table at some point. Catlateral Damage is all about doing this: jumping around procedurally produced environments to find the most breakable things and then breaking them. Currently, this is one of the best cat games you can download now.
Sometimes a special event will come up where you can chase and catch a mouse or something like that, but in the end, it’s all about that sweet, destructive pleasure. Catlateral Damage is fun to play on a regular flat screen, but it’s even better when you play it in virtual reality with full motion controls for an even more realistic asshole cat experience.
- The idea of playing as a naughty cat and making trouble is fun and different.
- Offers a fun and funny time for people who like cats.
- It’s easy for people of all ages to play because it has simple functions.
- There isn’t much to do in the game, and the same things keep happening.
- Players might not like a game that doesn’t have an engaging story or goals.
- Once the novelty goes off, it may not be fun to play again and again.
- A unique action-adventure game with mechanics that go against gravity.
- You can explore and fight by controlling gravity.
- Interesting plot and beautiful pictures.
What in the world does a game about a girl who can control gravity have to do with cat games? I’m glad you asked, because the answer has two parts. First, she gets all of her powers from a strange space cat whose coat is the color of the cosmos and who is your constant companion in the game.
Second, you don’t play as a cat, but you do play as a Kat. Seriously, though, Kat’s relationship with Dusty is a big part of the story of Gravity Rush, and it’s always fun to watch Dusty walk around when you are not doing anything. Gravity Rush was clearly made by people who love cats very much and will always love them. Thus, this is one of the best cat games you can download now.
- Unique game features based on gravity add a new and interesting twist.
- There are open-world settings to explore that look and feel great.
- The story is interesting, and the personalities are well-rounded.
- There are aspects of action, adventure, and solving puzzles.
- At times, the story may seem complicated or hard to understand, making it hard to follow.
- Because there aren’t many ways to fight and the tasks are often the same, the game may feel boring.
- A cat in a mecha suit leads a metroidvania game with a retro look.
- Move through difficult levels and defeat enemies.
- With graphics made of pixels and tight controls.
What if Samus Aran was a cat and did pretty much the same things she does now? Then you would be playing Gato Roboto, a retro sidescroller that looks and sounds like it was made in the same style as Metroid. Kiki, the ship’s cat, has to finish her human’s mission, even though she’s kind of the reason he’s stuck on his ship.
She does this by curling up in a suit of power armor and blasting through caverns full of hostile creatures, but she’ll also need to pop out every so often to take advantage of her cat agility and small size. Gato Roboto is a short, simple game in the style of Metroid. It’s great for when you want to see more cats. Still, this is one of the best cat games you can download now.
- Pixel art that looks like old games and will appeal to fans of those games.
- Controls that are tight and quick, making platforming and exploring more fun.
- You can switch between a cat and a mech suit, which is a clever way to play.
- Some players may want more content if the game doesn’t last long enough.
- The story and characters didn’t have enough depth.
- Players who like more modern and polished images might not like the style.
The Animal Crossing Games
- Life simulation games that are fun and relaxing.
- Make your own virtual village and change how it looks.
- Interact with animal characters that act like people and do different things.
People who like animals in general love the Animal Crossing games. In this game, you live in a town full of animals. There are a lot of people who move in and out of the village at random. But many of them are cats. For now, this is one of the best cat games for android and iPhone you can download now.
The Animal Crossing wiki says that there are about 51 cat villagers in the series as a whole. That means that, in theory, you could get a town where everyone is a cat. You can take care of the locals and dress up and decorate your own house. It’s one of the games that you can’t stop playing.
- A lot of social exchanges with cute animals that act like people.
- Gameplay that doesn’t follow a set path and doesn’t have set goals gives a sense of freedom and imagination.
- Updates and events happen often to make the game interesting and new.
- Players who like structured goals may not like games that don’t have standard goals.
- The multiplayer experience may be limited by the number of people and how well they can connect to each other.
The Cat Lady
- The main character of this horror-adventure game was a woman named Susan Ashworth.
- Find your way through a dark and moody story with multiple endings.
- Mostly about deep characters and themes about mental health.
This is for people who like scary stories. You play a middle-aged woman named Susan, who is a cat lady. Susan is depressed. But she is friends with stray cats, so everyone in her area calls her the “cat lady.” Currently, this is one of the best cat games for iPhone and android you can download now.
After she tried to kill herself, she meets the Queen of Maggots, who gives her eternal life and tells her to get rid of five different monsters from the world. So, yes, there are cat parts in this game. At certain points in the game, the main character can call on her cats. Even though it is dark, there are also times of hope and fun.
- A unique and dark psychological horror story with a lot of atmosphere.
- Characters with strong feelings and a lot of depth.
- Themes that make you think and problems of mental health that are explored.
- Sound design and music that keep you interested.
- Some players might find the puzzles and ways to play frustrating or hard to understand.
- Even though the style was done on purpose, players who like more polished graphics might not like it.
Even though there might not be cat games made just for older adults, there are a lot of cat games that people of all ages, including older adults, can enjoy. Most of the time, these games help people relax, have fun, and relieve stress. Some examples are Neko Atsume, where players can gather and watch virtual cats at their own pace, and Cat Jigsaw Puzzles, which has puzzles about cats with different levels of difficulty.
Yes, there are internet cat games where you can play with other people and talk to them. “Cat Goes Fishing” is a fishing game where you can play with other people and fight against them. Also, games like “Petz: Catz 2” and “Wauies – The Pet Shop Game” have online parts where you can play with the cats of other people.
Certainly! Kids can play “Toca Pet Doctor,” which lets them be a vet and treat cute animals, and “Sushi Cat,” which is a puzzle game where you help a hungry cat eat as much sushi as possible. “Purrfect Date” is another kid-friendly game where players go on romantic adventures with cats on a mystery island.