The best email service providers excel in providing users with a seamless and user-friendly experience for not only sending and receiving emails but also effectively managing them and integrating them with various applications. These companies work as services, which means that your emails are kept on their servers instead of on your computer, laptop, or mobile device.
Email is one of the most popular ways to communicate, both for personal and business reasons, so it’s not hard to get an email account. Most of the time, you can sign up for an account with an internet service provider (ISP).
You could also make an account with a well-known company like Google, Microsoft, or another major player in the field. Also, if you buy a premium web hosting package, you can get a large number of free email addresses, enough for a large business. Below we have mentioned the best email service providers.
Best Email Service Providers Comparison Table
|Email Service||Key Features||Price||Recommended for||Official Link|
|GMX Mail||Free storage||Free||Personal||Visit Website|
|iCloud Mail||Seamless sync||Free||Apple users||Visit Website|
|Titan||Advanced security||$9/month||Businesses||Visit Website|
- Free email service with as much space as you need
- Protection against spam and viruses
- Webmail or IMAP/POP can be used to get to it.
- Organizing your inbox the way you want to
GMX (Global Mail eXchange) is a free email service offered by GMX in German, English, Spanish, and French. German is the main language of the service. All of the other email services on this list aren’t as good as GMX because it lets you attach files up to 50 MB in size. “You can send us files that are up to 50 MB in size. It gives you a lot more than what other email services can. With 50 MB attachments, you can email large files like documents, lots of photos, and videos!” writes GMX on its website.
GMX lets you send large attachments and gives you unlimited storage space, so you can keep all of your emails in one place and not worry about running out of room. Still, we suggest that you use Clean Email, which is the best way to clean up your inbox, to keep your email in order. There are actually two versions of GMX Mail. One is for users in Germany, and the other is for users everywhere else. Two-factor authentication doesn’t work in the international version for some reason. Currently, this is one of the best email service providers you can consider now.
- Free email service with a lot of space to store messages.
- Interface and features that are easy to use.
- Supports both POP and IMAP protocols, which make it easy to access from different devices.
- The service is supported by ads, which means that you may see ads while using it.
- Compared to some other providers, it doesn’t have as many advanced features.
- Designed to work with Apple’s system.
- End-to-end encryption keeps things safe and private.
- Plenty of space to store
- Syncing with Apple devices is simple.
If you use a lot of Apple products or have a lot of Apple products, you might want to sign up for iCloud Mail, Apple’s free email service. To use it, you need to set up a @icloud.com email address. You can do this on an iOS device or Mac computer by going to iCloud and choosing the Mail option. Thus, this is one of the best email service providers you can consider now.
The best thing about iCloud Mail is how well it works with iOS and macOS. Everything just works, just like almost all Apple products and services. Does it have as many features as some of the other best email services in this article? No, but most people who use iCloud Mail won’t care because it’s meant to be a personal email service, not a business service.
Users of iCloud Mail get 5 GB of free email storage, and they can upgrade to a plan with more storage at any time for a fair price. 50GB of extra storage costs $0.99 per month, 200GB costs $2.99 per month, and 2TB costs $9.99 per month. Family members can share the 200 GB and 2 TB plans, which makes the deal even better.
- It works well with other Apple products and services.
- The interface is clean and easy to use.
- Security and privacy are given a lot of attention.
- Free accounts have limited storage space.
- To make an account, you need an Apple device or an Apple ID.
- Compared to other providers, it may not have as many advanced features.
- Pay attention to privacy and safety
- All emails should be encrypted from end to end.
- You can sign up without giving any personal information.
- Self-destructing messages and emails that need a password to open
We live in a time when the government and businesses can keep an eye on us and use “big data” to figure out what to do. Everything you type, like, or search for is collected, analyzed, and sold to the highest bidder by corporations who care more about their shareholders than their ethics. Sign up for a free ProtonMail account if you’re tired of being a part of the system and letting technocrats use your personal information to make money.
Andy Yen, Jason Stockman, and Wei Sun started ProtonMail in 2014 at the CERN research center. It is an email service that cares about privacy and security and uses client-side encryption to protect email contents and user data before they are sent. ProtonMail is based in Switzerland, which has strict privacy laws, and its code is open source and available to anyone. In contrast to many other encrypted email services, ProtonMail is surprisingly easy to use and designed to help you get things done. Even if you don’t know how to talk tech, you can still use ProtonMail to get your personal information back.
ProtonMail has an app for both Android and iOS that gets good reviews. The app was made from the ground up to give you the most privacy and security when you are reading, writing, and managing your email messages on the go. Thus, this is one of the best email service providers you can consider now.
- End-to-end encryption makes sure that security and privacy are at a high level.
- Signing up can be done anonymously for more privacy.
- User-friendly interface and modern design.
- Free accounts have limited storage space.
- Some advanced features can only be used if you pay for a membership.
- It can be hard to integrate with third-party email clients.
- Strong safety features
- Better protection against threats and encryption
- Using AI to sort and filter emails
- Integrations and tools for working together
Titan is an innovative business email platform that helps professionals and small businesses connect with their customers in a more meaningful way. It was started in 2018 and has a rating of 4.8 on G2, making it the highest-rated email product there. It also ranks in the top 5 for business email. Currently, this is one of the best email service providers you can consider now.
Titan gives small businesses the tools they need to focus on growing their business, like Read Receipts, Email Templates, Schedule Send, Follow-up Reminders, and more. Titan’s calendar, contacts, and storage help you get things done without leaving your inbox. Their Priority Inbox will automatically separate the important emails from the rest, saving you time and letting you focus on what’s important.
Titan also lets you import contacts from other email platforms and use a single interface to manage multiple accounts. Also, their helpful and friendly customer service team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With a guarantee of 99.99% uptime, small businesses can be sure that their emails will always be received.
- Enhanced security features, such as encryption and measures to stop phishing.
- Offers more ways to get things done, like a calendar and a way to keep track of tasks.
- Compatible with different devices and email clients.
- Service that costs money and has no free level.
- Some users may find the interface too much to handle.
- When compared to larger providers, customer service may not be as good.
- Interface that is simple and easy to use
- Advanced ways to search for and organize emails
- Prioritization of emails based on AI and smart suggestions
- Integration with productivity tools that works well
Neo’s email platform gives entrepreneurs and small businesses that want a professional email address a free Neo domain if they don’t already have one and a free one-page site to build their brand and credibility. Neo is easy and quick to set up, and the platform comes with tools that make it easy for its users to grow and strengthen their brand.
Neo gives small businesses the tools they need to focus on growing their business. These tools include a Free Domain Name, a One-Page Website, Read Receipts, Email Templates, Schedule Send, Follow-up Reminders, and more. Still, this is one of the best email service providers you can consider now.
- With end-to-end encryption, privacy and security are given a lot of attention.
- A modern interface that is easy to use.
- Provides a free level with a lot of storage space.
- Some of the more advanced features can only be used if you pay for a subscription.
- Compared to larger providers, it has less third-party integration.
- Customer service may be slower than with bigger companies.
Some of the best email service providers include GMX Mail, iCloud Mail, ProtonMail, Titan, and Neo.
GMX Mail, iCloud Mail, and ProtonMail offer free versions of their services. However, Titan and Neo have pricing plans with monthly fees.
For personal use, GMX Mail is a good choice. Apple users like to use iCloud Mail in particular. People who care about their privacy should use ProtonMail. Titan can be used by businesses. Neo is recommended for people who want an easy-to-use experience.