It’s no secret that we love to clean and organize. In fact, our editors have tried almost every type of vacuum on the market. But vacuums can’t get rid of dirt and grime that has stuck to the floor and is often hard to see. For that, you need a mop. The best mops are better at stirring up buildup so that it can be easily wiped away with either water or a cleaning solution.
Depending on the cleaner you use, mops can also get rid of 99.9% of bacteria and common household germs. Steam mops can do this with just water. So how do you decide which mop to buy? Which mop is right for you will depend on how you live and what kind of floors you have in your home.
Mopping the floor is one of the most important things you can do to keep your home clean, but it is also one of the most time-consuming. Sweeping and vacuuming the floor can help keep it clean of small pieces of dirt, but you’ll need to mop it regularly to get rid of sticky spills, footprints, and grease. Below we have mentioned some of the best mops.
BOSHENG Mop and Bucket with Wringer Set
- The BOSHENG flat floor mop features a rectangular mop head that can rotate 360°.
- The flat mop head can automatically rebound within 30 degrees without touching it.
- The bucket has two slots, one for clean and one for dry.
The BOSHENG Mop is the perfect tool for cleaning. It works well on almost all types of floors and is easy to use to clean up both wet and dry messes. It also comes with a smart bucket that squeezes the head for you. Our testers couldn’t say enough good things about how well this set was made and how well it worked, so they gave it five stars for effectiveness, portability, and value.
They said that the best mops could clean up fruit punch, barbecue sauce, wet soil, and dry paprika well and “without too much effort.” They also found that the swivel connection between the handle and the mop head made it easy to move around obstacles and into tight spaces.
- Microfiber pads perform well on a variety of surfaces and messes
- Bucket wrings out mop’s head
- Easy to navigate around obstacles
- Vague instructions
- Longer cleanup time
Spontex Full Action System Spin Mop and Bucket
- Spare or replacement refill for the Spontex Aqua Revolution System Mop..
- Ultra-efficient microfibre mop head..
- Non scratch stripes for stubborn marks..
- Machine washable..
- Suitable for all types of floors..
The bucket that goes with this best mops has a spin system built in to help rinse and squeeze the mop better. It’s a useful feature, but when we tried to empty the bucket, it was hard to get the splash cover off the top.
The microfiber mop head, on the other hand, gets rid of all dirt in just two quick swipes, and the telescoping handle lets you adjust it to your height. Because the mop head is round, it was hard to clean corners and grouting when we tested it. However, it can be washed in a machine, and our floors were dry in 11 minutes after we used it.
- Its bucket has a built-in pedal for wringing the mop head
- Its flexible mop head pivots 360 degrees
- Features a translucent bucket that helps you monitor its water level
- Its bucket doesn’t come with a drainage hole
- Doesn’t include an extra mop head
O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop
- Super-absorbent microfiber effectively cleans with just water
- The large, dual-sided microfiber mop head flips allowing you to clean floors fast without having to change the mop pad.
- Just fill bottle with water and add 2 small teaspoons of your favorite cleaning solution and you are ready to shine your floors.
The O-Cedar Spray Mop is cheap, good for the environment, and easy to carry. It lets you clean hardwood or tile floors quickly and easily without the mess of pre-moistened disposable pads. The ProMist Max has a microfiber pad that can be washed up to 100 times and is attached to the best mops head with velcro.
With a removable tank that looks like a water bottle, you can fill it up again and again with water or your favorite floor cleaner, saving money and plastic. Our tester liked that the tank could hold enough water or cleaner to last a few weeks before it needed to be refilled.
- The O-Cedar ProMist is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- This spray mop does a nice job of cleaning both light and tough stuck on messes.
- The ProMist does not handle liquid messes well.
- Only one cleaning pad is included with this spray mop.
Libman Wonder Mop & Refills Kit
- Direct replacement for original head
- Microfiber GRIPSTRIPS lift stubborn dirt
- Antibacterial material
- Great for vinyl, linoleum, wood, laminate, marble, stone and ceramic tile
- Machine washable
Our pick for the best mops on a budget weighs only 1.3 pounds and can clean up messes well, though it might be hard to clean up very heavy spills. We liked that the Libman Wonder Mop is already put together and ready to use when you open the box.
During our cleaning tests, we were happy to find that the mop worked well on light to medium messes. For the paprika test, we found that the mop didn’t clean up the mess, it just moved it around.
- A wallet-friendly option
- this mop is lightweight and quite maneuverable,
- Especially in hard-to-reach spaces.
- The ringer does require some strength to work properly.
Swiffer Sweeper Daily Cleaning Starter Kit
- A 2-in-1 hard surface floor cleaner designed for both sweeping and mopping.
- The Heavy Duty Dry cloths have fluffy 3D fibers that reach deep in grooves to trap and lock 2X
- dirt, dust and hair, while the Heavy Duty Wet cloths easily absorb your tough, messes.
- It’s a quick and easy combination of clean that gets dirt out of your home.
The Swiffer Sweeper is a popular choice for both wet and dry mopping, and our tests showed that it lives up to the hype. This best mops is easy to set up, and the convenience of being able to throw away the cleaning cloths when you’re done is hard to beat. Overall, we don’t think you’ll find a better mop at such an affordable price.
The Swiffer Sweeper Starter Kit comes with 10 disposable pads seven dry pads and three wet pads and you can buy more at any big-name store. The flat mop will cost more over its lifetime if you have to buy replacement pads, but it can be used on any type of floor and is easy to clean in tight spaces.
- Extremely lightweight
- Disposable cloth pads
- Good for small living spaces
- Not ideal for large messes
- Need to buy replacement pads
What mops do professionals use?
- Multipurpose Spray Mop.
- o cedar wringspring mop with bucket.
- deep clean damp microfiber mop.
- o cedar promist spray mop.
- mexerris microfiber spray mop.
How do I choose a mop?
Choose a mop that can absorb, let go, and clean well for general cleaning and cleaning up spills. Cotton is a good, cheap choice for cleaning in general. Synthetic microfiber is used to make the best mops for cleaning. Mop heads with cut ends can clean up spills, but mops with looped ends are faster.
Which is better flat mop or spin mop?
If you want to clean every day, flat mops are better than string mops. Flat mops don’t have the same problems as string mops that make them less useful. Below, we’ll talk about some of the most common problems with using a string mop to clean wet floors and how your staff can use flat mops to get better, cleaner results.