The best recruiting apps are invaluable tools for recruiters, hiring managers, and HR professionals as they offer time-saving benefits, enhance the overall recruitment process, and ultimately result in better hiring outcomes. But because these apps are always changing, every year brings new features that change how prospects are found, how candidates are communicated with, when interviews are set up, and when job offers are made.
The good news is that many of these recruiter apps are made to be easy to use and come at prices that are easy on the wallet. Also, there are many different apps, each of which is made for a different purpose. Some are great at finding talent, while others are great at judging applicants and communicating well. This gives you the freedom to choose the apps that fit your needs the best, making sure that they have the biggest impact on your hiring efforts. Below we have mentioned the best recruiting apps.
What are recruiting apps?
Recruiting apps, which are also called recruitment apps or HR (Human Resources) recruitment apps, are software programs that help companies with different parts of the hiring process. Most of the time, HR professionals, recruiters, and hiring managers use these apps to make the hiring process easier and more efficient. Here are some of the things that most recruiting apps do:
📋 Job Posting and Management: These apps let users create and post job listings to job boards, company websites, and social media platforms. They often have templates for job descriptions and make it easy to manage and update job postings.
📂 Applicant Tracking: Recruiting apps keep track of and organize candidate information to help manage the large number of job applications. They have tools that can be used to look over resumes, cover letters, and other application materials.
📧 Communication with Candidates: These apps often include ways to talk to candidates during the hiring process, such as email templates, tools for setting up interviews, and messaging systems.
📄 Resume parsing: Many recruiting apps can automatically pull information from resumes and add it to candidate profiles, which makes it easier to see if someone is qualified.
🎯 Candidate Screening: They may offer things like pre-screening questionnaires and tests to sort and rank applicants based on certain criteria.
Best Recruiting Apps Comparison Table
The “Best Recruiting Apps” comparison table shows the best apps for making the process of hiring people easier. It gives information about things like finding candidates, keeping track of applicants, and managing interviews. Employers and HR professionals can quickly evaluate and choose the best recruiting app to improve how they find and hire new employees.
|Seed Name||Biomes||Structures||Unique Aspects|
|Shapr||Multiple||Villages, Temples||Diverse landscapes|
|Nudj||Forest, Plains||Villages, Ruins||Abundant resources|
|Switch||Ocean, Islands||Shipwrecks, Coral||Underwater exploration|
|JobSnap||Desert||Desert Temples||Desert survival|
- Networking-focused app connecting professionals and job seekers.
- Uses AI algorithms to match users with relevant connections.
- Provides a platform for informational interviews and career advice.
Shapr is more of a networking app than a “recruitment app.” But there’s no reason you can’t use it to get people to join. Recruiters can connect with candidates and help them find jobs through apps that can be downloaded from the Apple and Google stores. For now, this is one of the best Recruiting Apps you can download now.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, all you have to do is fill out your bio. Like Tinder, you can swipe right to accept new connections or left to reject them. This process gets rid of any unwanted requests and helps you match with up to 10-15 profiles a day based on your criteria.
- Large user base for networking opportunities.
- Easy to use and connect with professionals in your industry.
- Free basic version available.
- Limited to networking and initial connections.
- May not offer extensive job matching features.
- Offers a comprehensive recruitment platform for companies.
- Includes tools for sourcing, assessing, and hiring candidates.
- Provides skill-based challenges to evaluate candidates’ abilities.
ProSky is a talent software that does everything. Its main goal is to make the hiring process better for both applicants and employers. The San Francisco-based startup challenges the traditional CV model with a system that tests, hires, and trains new talent all in one place. Unlike traditional ways of hiring people, ProSky’s custom hiring programs let you evaluate candidates in new ways.
When you download the app, you can find new talent and test their skills through projects and challenges. This means you can find out much faster if a candidate is a good fit for the company’s culture. After the first step of hiring, you can use the tool for onboarding and to keep employees for longer. Still, this is one of the best Recruiting Apps you can download now.
- Customized talent development programs.
- Useful for employee training and upskilling.
- Focused on career growth within existing organizations.
- May not be suitable for external job seekers.
- Limited job search and external networking features.
- A referral-based recruiting app.
- Enables employees to refer candidates for job openings.
- Rewards users for successful referrals, promoting employee engagement.
Nudj is an app for recommending talented people that helps people find work through recommendations. Employers can easily post jobs to their network and offer referral bonuses, which is especially helpful for tech startups. Companies like Charlotte Tilbury and Market Porter use the app, which is still in beta mode. Overall, this is one of the best Recruiting Apps you can download now.
You can easily set up a Nudj account by entering your company’s information, identifying your network, and sending personal, incentive-based messages to the people in your network. Then you can look over your list of candidates and decide what to do based on how well they fit the job. If the referral works, everyone gets something.
- Employee referral system for companies.
- Encourages employee engagement in recruitment.
- Streamlines the hiring process.
- Primarily for company-specific referrals, not job seekers.
- Limited use for individual job seekers.
- Focuses on matching job seekers with tech and startup companies.
- Utilizes a Tinder-style interface for quick job browsing.
- Offers a platform for connecting with hiring managers directly.
Switch is a popular app for both active and inactive job seekers because it lets them look at potential employers without being seen. It works like Tinder in that candidates and employers can accept or reject connections by swiping left or right. Once a match is made, people can start talking to each other. Thus, this is one of the best Recruiting Apps you can download now.
Switch works for candidates by getting their LinkedIn information and hiding parts they don’t want the public to see. As a recruiter, you can look at their profile card and decide whether or not to hire them based on how well they fit the job. Once you’ve found a match, you can send them an email to set up interviews.
- Matches job seekers with potential employers.
- Focus on job seekers in creative and tech industries.
- Mobile-friendly platform.
- Limited job opportunities outside creative and tech fields.
- Smaller user base compared to larger job search platforms.
- Specializes in connecting Gen Z job seekers with employers.
- Uses short video resumes for candidates to showcase their personality.
- Simplifies the application process with a user-friendly interface.
JobSnap is an interesting app that is based in Los Angeles. It helps Generation Z workers (those who are 22 or younger) connect with employers in industries with a lot of turnover. Jeff Boodie made the app to help job candidates who don’t have a lot of experience on their CVs but have a lot of personality. Overall, this is one of the best Recruiting Apps you can download now.
Even though the app also works by swiping, it does so in a different way. Instead of using profile cards to tell their stories, candidates and employers must upload 30-second videos. It’s a fun way for candidates to show their personality and creativity right away, which helps you figure out much faster if they’ll fit in with your team.
- Matches hourly workers with employers.
- Video-based profiles for job seekers.
- Simplifies the hiring process for hourly positions.
- Primarily focused on hourly positions.
- Limited in terms of professional roles and industries.
How to Choose the Best Recruiting App for Your Needs?
Using the best recruiting app for your needs can speed up the hiring process and make it easier to find the right people. Here are some steps that will help you make a wise choice:
📋 Define Your Needs and Goals: Write down your needs and goals before you start looking for a recruiting app. Think about things like the size of your business, how often you hire, the types of jobs you’re trying to fill, and your budget.
💰 Figure out how much you can spend: There are free and paid versions of recruitment apps. Set a budget for the recruitment software you want to buy. This will help you narrow down your options.
📌 List the most important ones: Make a list of the most important things for your hiring process. Some of the most common features are posting jobs, tracking candidates, parsing resumes, communication tools, scheduling interviews, and analytics/reporting.
🖥️ Think about how easy it is to use the app: This is very important. Look for an interface that is easy to understand and use. This will save you time and make it easier for your team to get used to the software.
🔗 Check Integration Options: Make sure the recruiting app can work with your other software and tools, like your HR system, email, and calendar apps. This integration can improve how well things work together.
Some recruiting apps have free plans or trial periods with a limited number of features. But if you want to use more features and have access to more advanced ones, you may have to pay for a plan.
Your specific recruiting needs will determine which features you need, but some important ones to think about are job posting, applicant tracking, resume parsing, interview scheduling, collaboration tools, reporting and analytics, and job applicant tracking.