In this article we will discuss about the how to Block and Unblock Someone on Twitch. Twitch is a massive online streaming platform that has millions of active users on a daily basis. Although it was designed with gamers in mind primarily, the Amazon service now provides access to a wide variety of other content, including music. On the other hand, just like in other social media platforms, the differences between people can occasionally spark issues that lead to verbal harassment.
And in the vast majority of cases, blocking a user is the only option left to take in order to continue using Twitch in an atmosphere of peace and harmony. Twitch has made available a number of tools and a variety of other anti-harassment strategies for its users and content creators. Furthermore, blocking other users is one of the most efficient ways to complete the task at hand.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is basically a streaming platform where people can live-stream themselves playing video games, cooking, or doing just about anything else that can be filmed. Justin Kan and Emmett Shear came up with the idea for Twitch. In 2007, they made a website that let people stream themselves and talk with a live audience. It was then renamed Twitch Interactive in 2014, and Amazon bought the company for $970 million. This was because it had a large number of gamers as users.
Why Block or Unblock Users on Twitch?
- To see what someone has to say: Twitch users can unblock users to see what they have to say. For example, they might unblock a user who has been banned from chat to see if they have apologized for their behavior.
- To unfollow someone: Twitch users can unblock users to unfollow them. This can be useful for people who want to clean up their following list or who no longer want to see someone’s content.
- To prevent harassment: Twitch users can block other users to prevent them from sending them chat messages, whispers, or friend requests. This can be useful for preventing harassment or abuse.
- To improve the chat experience: Twitch users can block other users to improve their chat experience. For example, they might block users who spam chat, use offensive language, or post spoilers.
Steps to Block and Unblock Someone on Twitch Mobile
- Tap on the user you want to block while watching a stream.
- Tap the “block” button now.
- Choose why you want to block the person.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
- This user is now blocked.
How To Unblock Someone On Twitch
- You can do this in a stream or in whispers by tapping on the username of the user you blocked.
- There will be a window with different choices.
- Tap the “Unblock” button.
- Now, the user is no longer blocked.
How to Block and Unblock Someone on Twitch on PC
- Click on twitch.com and sign in.
- Open the stream you want to watch.
- Click on the chat icon on the screen’s right side.
- When you click on the name you want to block, their profile will open. Click on the three dots at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click on the option that says Block . And that’s it.
Anyone on Twitch can block another user so they don’t have to talk to them or see their messages in chat (unless they are a mod of a channel the blocked person is typing in). On the other hand, only Twitch streamers and channel mods can ban people.
Only the streamer and their moderators will be able to see messages sent by restricted accounts, both in chat and in the Mod View widget. As with the monitoring state, moderators and streamers can put restrictions on users or take them off at any time.
Yes, blocked users will not be able to refollow. They also won’t be able to whisper, host, ask for friendship, or buy gift subs. Users who have been banned will not show up in the chat list at all, and they won’t be able to see any chat messages from other users either.