When you get a new electronic device, one of the most fun things you can do is personalize it. However, if you are new to using Chromebook, getting used to the various quirks of the operating system can require a little bit of effort, even for something as simple as Change Chromebook Wallpaper on your screen. Once you’ve gotten used to the tool, however, this should be a simple and quick task that won’t take more than a few minutes to finish. To get you started, here is a rundown of everything you need to know to change the background on your Chromebook:
Why Change Your Chromebook Wallpaper?
Chromebooks are like the natural next step after netbooks, and they are a cheap way to get online. Chromebooks were first thought of as cheap computers that could run a browser, but now they have nice Linux interfaces and can even run Flatpak packages.
But ChromeOS is made and sold by Google, and the company is in charge of even small changes to the user interface. One thing you can change is the background picture on ChromeOS, and it’s easy to use cool backgrounds on a Chromebook. Wallpapers can make your Chromebook look better or help it match your style, turning a plain background into a reflection of who you are.
How to Change Chromebook Wallpaper
- Click the time in the lower right corner and select Settings
- Select Personalization.
- Click Set your wallpaper and style.
- Choose your desired wallpaper settings and close the window to save the changes.
How to set a custom image as your Chromebook wallpaper
- Click the Launcher icon in the bottom-left corner of your Chromebook screen.
- Search for the Files app and open it.
- In case you downloaded the image, open the Downloads folder and locate it. Otherwise, open the folder where you saved it and select it.
- Right-click the photo and select Set wallpaper.
Tips for Selecting the Best Chromebook Wallpaper
- Choose a wallpaper that you love. The most important thing is to choose a wallpaper that you love and that makes you happy. After all, you’re going to be seeing it every time you use your Chromebook.
- Consider the resolution of your Chromebook. When choosing a wallpaper, make sure to choose one that is the right resolution for your Chromebook. This will ensure that the wallpaper looks sharp and crisp on your screen.
- Choose a wallpaper that is not too distracting. You don’t want your wallpaper to be so distracting that it makes it difficult to focus on your work or studies. Choose a wallpaper that is calming and relaxing, or that inspires you.
- Avoid using wallpapers with text. Text can be difficult to read on a small screen, and it can also be distracting. Avoid using wallpapers with text, unless the text is very large and easy to read.
- Use a wallpaper that is appropriate for the occasion. If you’re using your Chromebook for work or school, you may want to choose a more professional wallpaper. If you’re using your Chromebook for personal use, you can choose a more fun and creative wallpaper.
To launch the ChromeOS settings app, press Alt + Shift + S on your keyboard, and after that, select the Settings cog icon located in the top-right corner of the clock area. Select Personalization from the menu on the sidebar. Select the option that allows you to set your wallpaper and style. To change your wallpaper, click where it says Wallpaper in the pop-up window.
If your Chromebook screen looks weird (big icons, “zoomed in”, too small, too big) it is most likely one of these two things. Either your zoom level in your chrome browser is not at 100% or your Chromebook is not at the correct screen resolution.
There is a wide range of screen sizes available for Chromebooks, ranging from 10.1 inches all the way up to 15.6 inches. There is a lot of demand for 11.6″, 13.3″, and 15.6″ sizes. All of these have a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9 (just like an HD TV), and their resolution is typically either 1366×768 or 1920×1080.