How to Change a Spotify Playlist Picture- Worried about what to give your friends and family for the holidays? And after putting care, thought, and creativity into the songs and podcasts on your homemade playlist, you may want to take one more step to make it your own, like adding custom cover art, a name, and a description.
Starting today, all Spotify users will be able to use their phones to add custom covers and descriptions to their own playlists. This feature, which has been asked for a lot, was only available on desktop until recently. Now, both free and paid Spotify users can use their Android or iOS devices to upload unique cover images.
Steps to Change Spotify Playlist Pictures on PC
- Run Spotify and click the playlist for which you want to change the picture from the left pane.
- Click the three-dot icon (More options for the playlist) on the playlist.
- In the pop-up menu, select Edit details.
- On the following page, hover your mouse on the original picture and you will see the Choose photo option. Just click the picture to change it.
- In the pop-up window, select a new image and click Open to change the picture. Then click the SAVE button to keep the changed settings.
How to Change Spotify Playlist Pictures on Android
- Android device, open the Spotify app.
- Tap the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen that looks like a book.
- From the list, choose the playlist whose picture you want to change.
- Tap the three dots at the top right of the playlist page.
- Tap Edit from the list that comes up.
- On the page where you edit a playlist, you can see a picture of the current playlist. Touch it.
- There will be a menu with different choices. Tap Pick a photo.
- This will open the picture gallery on your device. Look through your gallery to find a new picture to add to the playlist.
- Once you’ve chosen the new picture, tap Save or Done, depending on the version of the Spotify app you have.
- The image on the playlist will be changed to the one you chose.
How to Change Spotify Playlist Pictures on iPhone
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Select the playlist you want to change the picture for.
- Tap the three dots (…) button at the top right corner of the playlist page.
- Choose “Edit” from the options that appear.
- Tap on the playlist picture to select it.
- Select “Choose Photo” from the menu that appears.
- Browse through your photo library and select a new picture for the playlist.
- Tap “Save” or “Done” to apply the new picture to the playlist.
To upload custom art or a photo for the album cover, tap Change Image under the current cover art. Tap Choose photo or Take photo. If you’re choosing a photo, tap to select an image from your Android’s photo library, then Use photo, then Save.
Check the image size and format: Spotify has specific requirements for playlist images. The image must be in JPEG format and have a minimum size of 640 x 640 pixels. If your image doesn’t meet these requirements, Spotify may not allow you to upload it.