Do you want to know how to Charge Laptop With HDMI cable ? You don’t need a charger to power up your laptop. A laptop is a portable device that can be moved from place to place. How to use an HDMI cable to charge a laptop. But you have to make sure your laptop is always charged. Everyone knows that you need a laptop charger to charge your laptop’s battery.
Even though the charger is a necessary item, it is easy to lose. Also, your charger could break right before you have to give an important presentation or project at work or school. Once the battery is completely dead, you won’t be able to use your laptop without the charger. It can’t be charged or used straight from the power source. People think that a laptop is the most important thing they have these days.
The best thing about a laptop is that you can take it with you wherever and whenever you want. And this is a big difference from other tools. Also, a charger is an important basic item that lets you charge your laptop. But sometimes the worst things can happen, like the charger breaking or getting lost.
Can An HDMI Cable Be Used for Charging
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface is what HDMI stands for. It is an updated version of the standard three-pin connections for audio and video.
- The HDMI cable’s main job is to connect different multimedia devices like laptops, projectors, TVs, and many more. It can also be used to charge a laptop.
- Most computers can be charged with USB cables. So, if you want to use HDMI to charge a laptop, the laptop must have this feature.
- If you are in such a tight spot that your laptop charger stops working and you have no other choice but to get a new one, then you are good to go if your laptop has an HDMI port.
- A laptop can be charged with a very small amount of current from an HDMI cable, which doesn’t have the same regulator as a regular charger to make sure the right amount of current flows. So, it doesn’t work with all electrical items.
Can the Laptop be Charged With USB-A & USB-C
- Whether or not you can charge your laptop with USB-C depends entirely on the type of USB port your laptop has.
- When you unplug a wired keyboard or mouse from your laptop, you will see that one end of the cord has a rectangular connector.
- A type-A USB connector is the metal part of the cord that goes into your laptop. The most common USB connector is this one.
- It’s a shame that you can’t charge your laptop with USB A. Even though it can send and receive some data, it can’t provide enough power to fully charge your laptop.
- But USB 3.1 has another connector that can be used. That is USB type C, which is rounder than USB type A. Most devices already have a USB-C port built in.
- This USB-C cable works with most devices. So, don’t worry if you accidentally break the one for your laptop. You can use one from your power bank until the other one is fixed.
- This type C connector is made so that it can transfer power with a high wattage and do a task even faster.
Charging the laptop using HDMI to Type C Cable
- Manufacturers of laptops these days are more interested in making laptops that are light and thin, even if that means reducing the number of ports on the laptops.
- So, if your laptop doesn’t have HDMI ports, you’ll need an HDMI to Type C or Type B adapter. This is most likely to happen with Apple laptops.
- Once you have the right adapter, just plug one end of the cable into your TV and the other end, which has been changed, into your laptop. Now, check to see if the charging light is on. If it isn’t, check your connections or try plugging the cable back in.
Can you charge laptop with USB-C to HDMI?
The USB-C to HDMI + Charge Adapter connects to your laptop or tablet’s USB-C port and gives you both an HDMI port for video display and a USB-C port for power. Its plug-and-play design means that it works with both Windows and MacBook laptops as well as other USB-C devices.
How can I charge my dead laptop without a charger?
A power bank is one of the best ways to charge your laptop. A power bank is a portable battery pack for your laptop. You just have to plug the power bank into your laptop. The best thing about power banks is that they can charge your laptop without being plugged into a wall.
Can you charge a laptop through the USB port?
So, if you’ve been wondering how to charge your laptop without the charger that came with it, the new USB-C option might be the answer. Since USB-C is almost universal, you can plug almost any USB-C charger into your laptop’s USB-C charging port and it should work.