The PS VR2 is expensive. If you pair it with a PlayStation 5, you will have to dig deep into your pocket. So, it only makes sense to take care of your gaming investment the right way. Don’t let a stray ray of sunlight or a misplaced cleaning cloth ruin your expensive gaming device. Yes, the lenses are fragile. One mistake could make them useless. If you want to know how to clean PSVR 2.
No, there isn’t a magic potion that can make them shine again like they used to. But if you follow our guide and keep your hand steady, you’ll be able to clean your headset like a pro. Before you start cleaning, make sure you have a clean place to work, because you don’t want any dust to get stuck inside.
How to Clean PSVR 2
Cleaning the PSVR 2 with anti-bacterial wipes
- The most effective method at cleaning the PSVR 2 is using anti-bacterial wipes.
- You can gently scrub the inside surfaces, and use the wipe to pull out any dirt hidden in between the lining.
Cleaning the PSVR 2 with rubbing alcohol
- Rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs are required for this cleaning method.
- Identify the areas that need cleaning, such as tiny gaps, screw holes, and buttons.
- Dip a cotton swab into the rubbing alcohol.
- Gently clean the tiny gaps, screw holes, and buttons with the alcohol-soaked cotton swab.
- Repeat the process as necessary, ensuring thorough cleaning.
- Dispose of used cotton swabs properly after cleaning.
- Important: Be careful not to use excessive force or saturate the device with alcohol, as it may cause damage.
Cleaning the PSVR 2 with lens wipes
- Lenses getting dirty over time
- Recommended method: gentle wiping with lens wipes.
Cleaning the PSVR 2 with compressed air spray
- Notice a cumulation and build-up of dust and dirt in the headset.
- Using compressed air is a great way to flush it out quickly.
What is PSVR?
The passthrough cameras on the headset work like the cameras on the Quest 2 and other VR headsets, showing you the real world in your headset. The headset will also “mesh” your physical space by scanning walls, floors, and obstacles like chairs and desks to get a clear idea of play space. It can give you a space to play in.
The part about meshing is especially interesting because AR and mixed-reality headsets can do that. It means that the PSVR 2 could theoretically also have mixed reality experiences like the Quest 2, though Sony hasn’t said anything about that yet.
One unique feature is a live broadcast mode that lets you use the TV-mounted camera on the PS5 to record yourself and mix it with live gameplay footage into a single stream. Mixed reality linecasting tools are being made for Quest 2, but this has never been possible on a game console before.
The PSVR 2 comes with a microfiber cloth for keeping the lenses clean, but it can be easy to lose. It’s always good to have extra, and this popular six-pack of inexpensive Magic Fiber Microfiber cloths can remove all types of dust, oil, dirt and fingerprints.Mar 15, 2023
Clean the VR headset using a clean, dry cloth. Carefully remove the rubber light guard to clean it. You can use soap and water, but make sure it is completely dry before reattaching it.
If you’re a PS5 user who doesn’t play on PC and is looking to indulge in virtual reality, then the PS VR2 is definitely a great option. However, if you’re a PC gamer, there are much cheaper options out there that will offer you a solid VR gaming experience.