There are a lot of quests to do in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: How to Complete The Broken Slate, but the ones that help you solve the Regional Phenomena around the world are the most important. They all lead to one of the new temples in Tears of the Kingdom. You can go inside the Water Temple in Zora’s Domain, but first you have to find your way in.
The Broken Slate is a part of the quest chain that gets you into the Water Temple. This happens right after the quest Restoring the Zora Armor, and you’ll need to help an old Zora figure out what an old text says. It’s not too hard, but read our guide below to learn everything you need to know to solve it.
How to Complete The Broken Slate in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
- Go to the Zora Domain for the “Regional Phenomena” quest.
- Help the Zora clean up the sludge in their water.
- This quest leads to another one called “The Broken Slate.”
- Jiahto asks Link to figure out how to fix the broken slate.
- The words on the wall aren’t finished, and a piece of the slate is broken.
- Find out where the slate was lost.
- Turn left after leaving the cave where the slate is.
- Look for the broken piece of slate at the top of the hill.
- The broken piece of slate is sitting in the muck.
- Use Ultrahand to try to pull it out.
- The slate is too stuck to move.
What Is The Broken Slate?
As part of this main story quest, Sidon tells you that he has been purifying water, which means he can’t travel with you. Instead, he tells you to go west to Toto Lake, which is where your journey to find the broken slate starts.
- When you finally get to Toto Lake, Jiahto, who lives in a small cave near the lake, will be the next person you meet.
- When he meets him, he talks about how sad he is about an old broken slate that he wants to be able to read right.
- The broken slate, which is outside the cave and covered in muck, is the most important part of “The Broken Slate” quest.
Check all of the pristine water until you have one, then you can head back to Zora’s Domain. Head to the infirmary, which is underneath the throne room on the top floor, and talk to Yona to give her the fish and get the Zora Armour, which allows you to swim up waterfalls.
As soon as you’re close enough to the kids, you’ll be able to hear them talk about King Dorephan. They’ll loudly discuss his location in a cave hidden behind a waterfall. You’ll be able to find the waterfall between Ploymus Mountain and Zora’s Domain.
Completing all 152 shrines in Tears of the Kingdom will unlock the Ancient Hero’s Aspect, an armor item that spans head, body, and leg gear.