Many players are looking forward to being able to connect their AirPods to their PS5 console because of the superior sound quality, convenience, and accessibility that they provide. However, you are unable to Connect AirPods to PS5 because Sony only allows audio to be played through wired headphones or headsets that are compatible with the PS5. This is due to the fact that using Bluetooth can result in disconnections, audio dropouts, and static noises, all of which can have a negative impact on the gaming experience.
If you’re dead set on using your AirPods with your PlayStation 5, you will need to resort to some creative workarounds, such as connecting your PS5 to your smart TV, using a Bluetooth adapter, or downloading the PS Remote Play app. Continue reading because we will go over all of that and more in the following paragraphs!
How to Connect AirPods and AirPods Pro to PS5
- You should connect the USB adapter to the right USB port on your PS5.
- Hold down the sync button on the USB adapter while you turn on the PS5. You can also start the syncing process by following the steps that came with your USB wireless adapter.
- Open the case that holds your AirPods.
- Hold down the back button for setup until the white light flashes. While you do this, keep your AirPods in the case.
- Connect your wireless USB Bluetooth adapter to your AirPods and sync them.
- Hit the Home button on the DualSense controller that looks like the PlayStation logo.
- Make changes to the sound.
- In the “Output Device” list, choose your USB wireless adapter.
- The sound from your PS5 can now be sent to your AirPods.
How to Connect AirPods Max to your PS5
- Based on the type of dongle you have, you can plug it into the controller, your TV or monitor’s audio output, or the PS5’s USB port.
- Next, turn on pairing mode for both your AirPods Max and your Bluetooth dongle. When your AirPods Max are in pairing mode, a white light will flash. That should make it easy for them to find each other.
- There you go! After connecting your dongle to your AirPods Max, you can start listening to high-quality music.
Importance of connecting AirPods to PS5
- Convenience: AirPods are wireless earbuds that are easy to connect and use. This makes them a convenient option for gaming on your PS5.
- Comfort: AirPods are lightweight and comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time. This makes them a good choice for gamers who spend a lot of time playing video games.
- Sound quality: AirPods offer good sound quality, which is important for gaming. You will be able to hear the audio in your games clearly and accurately.
- Noise cancellation: AirPods Pro and AirPods Max offer active noise cancellation, which can help to block out ambient noise so that you can focus on your game.
- Mic: AirPods have a built-in microphone, which allows you to communicate with other players in online games.
Tips for an Enhanced Gaming Experience
- Choose a good Bluetooth audio adapter. It is important to pick a high-quality Bluetooth audio adapter that works with low-latency audio when you use one. This will help cut down on lag and make gaming better overall.
- If you can, connect with a wire. It is usually better to use a wired connection instead of a wireless one the first time. This is because sound quality and latency are better with wired connections.
- Use an app from someone else. There are some third-party apps that say they can connect your AirPods to your PS5. However, it’s important to know that Sony and Apple don’t officially back these apps, so there’s no guarantee that they will work.
- Fix your firmware. Check to see if the firmware on your PS5 and AirPods is up to date. This will help make sure that all of your devices work well together and give you the best performance.
Does the PS5 Support Apple AirPods?
In a purely technical sense, the PlayStation 5 does not support Apple AirPods. But this hasn’t stopped people from coming up with creative workarounds and other ways to connect their AirPods, so the answer is yes. A Bluetooth adapter will allow you to link your Apple AirPods to your PlayStation 5 console. However, if you want to talk to other players in-game while using your AirPods, you won’t be able to use the in-game chat feature.
A Bluetooth USB adapter lets you connect a gaming headset with Bluetooth to the PS5. That’s because Bluetooth audio doesn’t work with the PlayStation 5. You need a Bluetooth USB adapter to use a Bluetooth headset. You can still use your gaming headset with Bluetooth, though.
If you have the AirPods Max, the fastest way to get around this is to use them with your PS5 in Wired Mode. To use your DualSense control, all you have to do is connect your AirPods to it with a Lightning to 3.5mm cable.
The PS5 doesn’t have a lot of Bluetooth features, but Sony does make an adapter that lets headsets like the Pulse 3D Wireless Headset connect to the console. The Apple AirPods do not naturally connect to the PlayStation 5.