The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is one of the more expensive “baseline” controllers for this generation of consoles, but it’s well-made, feels good in the hand, has great directional pads, and has great motion sensors and vibration tech. Plus the gamepad is Bluetooth, so you don’t need an adapter to connect it to your PC. If you want to Connect a Nintendo Switch Pro controller to PC.
It can be hard to get the Pro Controller to work with your PC games because Windows sees it as a DirectInput controller instead of an Input controller like the Xbox Series X/S gamepad or the more high-tech Xbox Elite Core Controller. Valve recently added full support for the Switch Pro Controller to Steam, which should make a lot of your games work.
For non-Steam games, you need to take extra steps, which we will show you. You can’t use your Switch Pro Controller with your PC until you connect it to it, of course. You can choose between wired and wireless. In terms of ease of use, wired is better than wireless. There is some work to be done.
What is Nintendo Switch Pro Controller ?
The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is a controller for the Nintendo Switch that can be used wirelessly. It can play all Switch games whether the Switch is docked or not. Some PC games can also be played with the Pro Controller. The Pro Controller has two analog sticks, a D-pad, four face buttons, and two shoulder buttons, which is the same as the Xbox Series X/S Controller.
It also comes with a gyroscope that can be used to control some games with your body. Also, the Pro Controller feels better in your hand than the Joy-Con controllers that come with the Switch. The buttons and grips are bigger, and it’s more balanced. You can hold it and play for longer without getting tired because of this.
Why Use a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller on PC?
- Comfort: The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is widely regarded as one of the most comfortable controllers on the market. It has a large, ergonomic design that fits well in the hands and makes it easy to play for long periods of time.
- Button layout: The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller has a unique button layout that is different from other controllers. This layout can be more comfortable for some players, especially those who are used to playing Nintendo games.
- Gyro controls: The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller has built-in gyro controls, which can be used for aiming and controlling certain actions in games. This can be a more immersive and engaging way to play games than using traditional controls.
- Compatibility: The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is compatible with a wide range of PC games. You can use it to play games on Steam, Epic Games Store, and other platforms.
How to Connect a Nintendo Switch Pro controller to PC
- Bluetooth should be turned on in your computer.
- Take the Joy-Cons away from the Switch.
- The Sync button is on the Joy-Cons, it’s between the SR and SL buttons. Hold it down until the LED lights start flashing.
- You can find the Joy-Con in the Bluetooth menu on your computer. Then, choose the option to connect it to your device.
How to set up the Nintendo Switch Pro controller in Steam
- Log in to Steam and press the top-left Steam menu button. Select “Settings” from the drop-down.
- Select “Controller” from the menu. Open a new right panel and select “General Controller Settings.”
- Choose “Switch Pro Configuration Support” to tell Steam your gamepad.
- No more restrictions on Nintendo Switch Pro controller customization. Back in the previous menu, select “Big Picture Configuration” to customize everything.
Connecting a Nintendo Switch Pro controller to your PC makes gaming easy. Many apps and games support controller input, whether you connect via Bluetooth or USB. Make sure your PC’s Bluetooth is enabled and updated and your Pro Controller is charged or connected to a stable USB.
Your PC may not detect the Switch Pro controller due to outdated drivers. A computer driver connects hardware to the operating system. If your driver isn’t working, your hardware may malfunction.
Select Controllers, then Change Grip and Order from HOME. While the following screen appears, press and hold the SYNC Button on the Pro Controller you want to pair for at least one second. The controller number-corresponding player LED(s) will stay lit after pairing.
Reset your controller, or if you have multiple, one at a time. Remove the Joy-Con controllers from the side. Press the small, pin-sized Sync button on the top or side of one of the controllers, then press any other button to restart it.