This article explains how to Connect Xbox Controller to Chromebook. Google Assistant has a cool feature that most of my friends don’t pay attention to. When we tell a friend or family member that Home devices can be set up to remind you of upcoming events in a gentle way, they usually look at me like we have lost my mind. Maybe it’s because I’m seen as the tech-savvy one in our group, while they tend to be less tech-savvy.
Google’s Family Bell is a great feature, and we can’t wait to show you how to set it up and use it to keep track of your family’s schedule all day long. Some important chimes you can set up on your Nest Hub or Nest Mini include a friendly reminder to put down your phone and spend time with your family (my personal favorite), a gentle reminder to get ready for bed, a sign to start cleaning up, and even a push to pick up a good book and finish everything on your “To Be Read” list this summer.
Compatibility of Xbox Controllers with Chromebook
- Using a wired connection: you can connect your controller to your Chromebook by means of a USB cable.
- Connectivity via Bluetooth: Check to see if the Bluetooth feature on your Chromebook is turned on. After that, select your controller from the list of available devices by navigating to the Settings menu and selecting Bluetooth.
- Chrome Remote Desktop: If you have Chrome Remote Desktop installed on your Chromebook, you can use it to connect to a computer that is connected to an Xbox controller. You can do this by using Chrome Remote Desktop to connect to the computer from your Chromebook.
How to Connect Xbox Controller to Chromebook
Use a USB cable
- If the controller is wired, connect it with a USB cable.
- It shouldn’t be hard for your Chromebook to find it.
- Open up the settings for ChromeOS.
- Click on Pair new device in Bluetooth.
- Turn on the controller for the Xbox.
- If you need to, hold down the Pair button until it starts flashing.
- Under Available devices on Chromebook, you should be able to see the Xbox controller.
- Just click it and you’ll be connected.
Popular Games Compatible with Xbox Controller on Chromebook
Apex Legends Mobile
With the release of Apex Legends Mobile, the popular online multiplayer battle royale game Apex Legends is now playable on mobile devices such as Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. Apex Legends Mobile is quite distinct from its older sibling, featuring a roster, maps, modes, and progression track that are all entirely original. Unfortunately, some of these aspects detract from the overall experience of playing the game. Apex Legends Mobile, on the other hand, simplifies the steps involved in playing a battle royale, which results in an experience that is both fairly rewarding and enjoyable to participate in.
In PUBG, you take on the role of a mercenary who parachutes onto an island with up to 99 other players. In a “last man standing” death match, players look for weapons, ammo, armor, and other supplies once they land. The game’s map starts out big, but it gets smaller quickly as the electrical storm around the island breaks into smaller and smaller circles, forcing players to work together.
The Mobile version of PUBG has almost all of the same features as the PC version, except for a few. The game only has PUBG’s original map, Erangel, which is an abandoned 8km x 8km island that looks like it could be in Eastern Europe. Everything from the PC version of this map is in the Mobile version, from the abandoned military base to the burned-out nuclear power plant.
The current king of the hill in the battle royale genre is Fortnite. It features a wide variety of gameplay modes that are easy to pick up and play, graphics that are colorful and zany, a top-notch building system, and a large player population. Unfortunately, the experience is let down by iffy combat and microtransactions, but fans of the genre should give Fortnite a try anyway because it is a free-to-play game.
Last but not least, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also works on Chromebooks, so you can stream hundreds of popular games from the cloud. It will cost you $16.99 a month, and you will need a gaming controller that works with Xbox that you can connect to your Chromebook through Bluetooth or USB.
Yes. Games from the Google Play Store can be played on all Chromebooks. But cloud streaming is the only way to play games on a Chromebook, since ChromeOS can’t play AAA games like Elden Ring or CyberPunk 2077 on its own.
Laptops can also use services like Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation Now that Chromebooks can’t. In short, Chromebooks aren’t even close to being as good for gaming as laptops. See also our comparison of PCs and laptops for gaming.