If you often send emails to the same group of people, making an email group in Outlook is a great idea. You won’t have to type in each member’s email address by hand every time you send a group email. How do you make one, though? In Office 365, you can Create Email Group in Outlook from a contact group (distribution list) and manage multiple email contacts. We use the Microsoft Outlook app every day to help us do our jobs at the office.
We use many helpful features, like Outlook signatures and the ability to delay or encrypt emails. But as we send more and more emails, we want to make things easier for ourselves. Putting your email recipients into groups is one of the most useful things you can do to save time.
Outlook gives you a lot of ways to manage groups of contacts. More and more, both in business and in our personal lives, we send emails to groups. You can use groups at work for your project team and at home for your close family. Microsoft Outlook can save you a lot of time if you set up an email group for a distribution list. Visit their official site for more support.
How to Create Email Group in Outlook 2016 and 2019
- Put the programme to work.
- Click the Contacts icon in the navigation pane’s lower left corner.
- Select New Contact Group from the Home tab.
- Next, click “Add members” and add contacts in any of the ways you can.
- To add a lot of contacts at once, hold down the CTRL key as you select each mail contact from the address book.
- Click the “Add Members” button to add the chosen people to the list.
- Click OK next.
- After making sure you’ve added all the people you want to your contact list, give the group a name.
- Click Save & Close under the Contact tab.
Create Email Group in Outlook 2013
- Put the programme to work.
- Go to “People” under “Home.” You’ll find “People” with a person icon, sometimes on more marked with… and sometimes in the bottom left corner next to the calendar icon.
- Click “Create new group” next.
- In the next window, type the name of the group.
- Then, choose “Add members.”
- You can add people from your Outlook contacts, your address book, or by typing in a new email contact.
- Use the search tab to look for contacts, and then select the ones you want to add.
- Repeat the steps to add as many contacts to a group as you want, then click Save and Close.
Send a Bulk Outlook Email
- Start the software and click the icon that looks like a new email to write a message.
- To get to the Global Address List, click the “To” button.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to “Address Book” and choose “Contacts.”
- If you have more than one distribution list, choose the one you want to use.
- Click on To next. Once done, click OK. Then, your list of people who should get the email will be in the To field.
- Just type your message and hit send.
Create Contact group in Office 365
- Start the programme.
- Go to the “People” section of Home. You’ll find “People” with a person icon, sometimes on more with… and sometimes in the bottom left corner next to the calendar icon.
- Next, choose “Make a new group.”
- On the next window, type the name of the group.
- Then, click “Add members.”
- You can add contacts from the Outlook contacts, the address book, or by manually entering a new email contact.
- Use the search tab to look for contacts, then select them to add them.
- Repeat the procedure to add as many contacts as you want to a group, and then click Save and Close.
What is Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is a piece of software that helps you keep track of your personal information. It comes with the Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 software suites. Outlook is mostly an email client, but it also has features like calendaring, managing tasks and contacts, taking notes, keeping a journal, and browsing the web. It has become a popular email client for many businesses.
Outlook can be used by individuals as a stand-alone programme, or it can be used by organisations as multi-user software (through Microsoft Exchange Server or SharePoint) to share mailboxes, calendars, folders, data aggregation (through SharePoint lists), and appointment scheduling. There are also apps for Outlook that can be used on mobile devices.
Microsoft made Outlook, an email programme that lets users send and receive emails on their computer. Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are the two versions of Outlook.
Outlook Express is a version of the Microsoft Outlook software family that is smaller and easier to use. It came with Windows 98 for the first time, and all versions of Windows after that up to Windows XP also had it. Microsoft added Windows Mail with the release of Windows Vista.
What happens when you create a group in Outlook?
An Outlook Group is a Microsoft 365 Group that has a central group inbox for sending and receiving emails and a central calendar for keeping track of shared events. A shared workspace that is linked to SharePoint and other Office 365 apps is also part of an Outlook Group.
What is the purpose of an Outlook group?
Groups in Microsoft 365 let you choose a group of people with whom you want to work and make it easy for those people to share resources. Resources like a shared Outlook inbox, calendar, or document library that can be used to work on files together.
What is the use of email group?
Email groups are mostly useful for keeping track of your contacts and sending messages to a lot of relevant people at once without having to add each of their individual addresses.