Darkest Dungeon II is cruel. Your two- to three-hour journey before the chapter’s final boss can be ruined by a simple mistake or bad luck. There are no checkpoints, so if someone in your group dies, you have to start all over again from the beginning. Only a few of the upgrades you unlock stay with you. This article show Darkest Dungeon 2: How to Fix Audio Not Working.
When you have to make hard decisions all the time while keeping in mind different systems, this can (and will be) frustrating and nerve-wracking. At the same time, Darkest Dungeon II is the most rewarding and relieving game since the first one came out in 2016.
Like its predecessor, you make a group of four different heroes who fight exciting turn-based battles based on position, synergy, and a bit of luck. Your attacks can do different amounts of damage, and there are buffs and debuffs that can make or break your chances of getting a critical hit or missing a shot.
Fix: Audio Not Working in Darkest Dungeon 2
Turn off Spatial Audio
- Click the right mouse button on the sound icon in the bottom right corner.
- Open “Sounds” by clicking on it.
- Let’s get to the “Playback” menu above after we’ve done this.
- On the new screen, right-click your audio device and click “Properties.”
- Then go to the “Spatial Sound” menu and set it to “Off”.
- To save the change, press the “Apply” button.
Update Audio Device
- Type “Device Manager” into the search box on the Start menu and then open it.
- “Sound, video, and game controllers” will expand on the next screen.
- Then, right-click the audio device and click “Update Driver.”
- In the new window that opens, click “Search for drivers automatically” and scan.
Verify File Integrity
- Start the Steam app.
- Open the menu forthelibrary.
- On the left, right-click the “Darkest Dungeon 2” game and click on the “Properties” tab.
- On the left side of the new screen, open the “Local Files” menu.
- On the Local Files menu, click the “Verify integrity of game files” button.
Run as Administrator
- Close Steam and Darkest Dungeon 2 game that are open in the background with the help of task manager.
- Then right-click the Steam application and click “Properties”.
- In the new window that opens, reach the “Compatibility” menu and check the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the “Apply” button to save.
Check Audio Mixer
- First run Darkest Dungeon 2.
- Right-click on the sound icon in the lower right corner of the screen once the game is open.
- Choose “Open Volume Mixer” from the list of options.
- Check the “Darkest Dungeon 2” game’s volume in the new window that pops up.
Darkest Dungeon 2 System Requirements
- CPU: AMD Athlon X4 | Intel Core i5 4460
- RAM: 8 GB
- VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 | AMD Radeon R7 370
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
- OS: Windows 10
- FREE DISK SPACE: 6 GB
Darkest Dungeon II, developed and published by Red Hook Studios, is the sequel to the original Darkest Dungeon. The game initially launched in early access for Microsoft Windows in October 2021.
The sequel to the critically acclaimed roguelikeDarkest Dungeon, from Red Hook Studios, is arriving on PC soon. After over a year of active development in the Early Access phase, Darkest Dungeon 2 will be available on both Epic Games Store and Steam as a full game on May 8.