How to Delete a Facebook Page: One of the most popular social media apps is Facebook, which is used by millions of people all over the world. On their profiles and pages, users can share photos, videos, thoughts, and other information with other people. But if you’ve made more than one page for your business or an old page that you’re no longer using, you can just delete it from the Facebook server.
You can delete Facebook pages on both a computer and the Facebook app for phones and tablets. If you delete a Facebook page, you can never get it back. Follow these steps if you’re sure you want to delete your Facebook Page.
How to Delete a Facebook Page On PC
- Go to Facebook.com and sign in to your account there.
- Click Pages in the menu on the left side of the Facebook home page.
- Click on the page you want to delete under “Pages you manage.” If a window pops up asking you to link your page to WhatsApp, just close it.
- In the sidebar menu on the left, scroll all the way to the bottom of the list and click Settings.
- On the Settings page, go to the General tab, scroll down to the bottom, and click Remove Page.
- Click the blue link that says “Delete ,” and then click “Delete Page” in the window that comes up.
- Another pop-up will tell you that your page has “entered deletion mode” and that you have 14 days to stop it from being deleted. Select OK.
- Click the General tab at the top of the Page settings menu to reactivate your page within the 14-day window. At the top of the General tab, there will be a banner telling you that your page is about to be deleted. Click Cancel Deletion and then Confirm in the pop-up box that appears.
How to Delete a Facebook Page on Android and iPhone
- On your Android phone, launch the Facebook app and sign into your account.
- To access the menu, tap the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Pages” in the “Explore” section as you scroll down.
- You can delete a page by tapping on it.
- Choose “Edit Page” from the dropdown menu by tapping the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click “Settings” after scrolling down.
- Tap on the “Remove Page” section after scrolling down to find it.
- At the bottom of the page, select “Delete “.
- After reading the deletion instructions, click “Delete Page.”
- After entering your Facebook password, click “Continue.”
- To confirm, tap “Delete Page” once more.
The difference between a Facebook profile and a Facebook page
A Facebook profile is your personal Facebook account that you use to connect with family and friends and watch cute cat videos. You can tell your Facebook friends about what’s going on in your life and find out what other people are doing.
Depending on what pages you follow, you can even get news from your news feed. On the other hand, a business usually makes a Facebook page to connect with customers, promote products and services, and grow its online presence.
It’s not a personal account; it’s part of a bigger plan to market the business. We’ll talk about everything you need to know about deleting your Facebook business page in the next section. Scroll down to the end of the article to find out how to delete your personal Facebook account.
You must have full control over your new Page on Facebook or be an admin of your old page in order to delete it. Your Facebook Page will be immediately unpublished or deactivated if you ask us to delete it, but it won’t be permanently removed until 30 days have passed.
This can happen when accidentally you press the wrong button in the Role section in the Page Settings or when you deactivate your personal Facebook account and there are no other admins on the page. When there’s no admin, your page will be labeled as “Unofficial Page” under the cover image.