Most of my friends use Instagram Stories, which is probably the most popular part of the app. They were made to stop Snapchat from getting more popular, and they work very well. They have almost the same goal, but they work very well in an image-based social network. But what if you post something and then decide not to? Do you want to know how to delete story on instagram?
Even though an Instagram Story is only live for a limited time, that’s still enough time for people to see it, find a mistake, be horrified or surprised, or do whatever you didn’t want them to do. If you want to know how to Delete Instagram Story, you should do it quickly. Some users will notice something new and be able to get to it in less than a minute!
Instagram Stories are a key part of both keeping people interested in your account and keeping them as followers. A study by Social Insider found that brands that posted at least six Stories a day kept more than 70% of their viewers interested enough to watch them until the end.
This means that Stories are a great place to share more content, get people interested, and keep them watching. They’re a great place to show off your personality, play around with video, and try out new features. You can also visit their official website for more information.
How to Delete Instagram Story
- On your Android phone or iPhone open Instagram.
- Go to your profile page and tap the story you want to get rid of.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your phone‘s screen when it opens.
- This will bring up a list of options, one of which is to delete the story.
- Tap on “Delete”.
- Tap “Delete” once more to confirm your choice.
Delete Story on Instagram from Archive
- From your profile, tap the menu on the top right corner.
- Tap “Archive.”
- Tap on the Story you want to delete.
- Tap the three-dot “More” icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap “Delete,” and then “Delete” again to confirm.
Delete Saved Stories
- View your profile and find the Highlight you want to remove.
- Tap and hold the Highlight.
- In the menu that pops up, tap “Delete Highlight.”
- Tap “Delete” again to confirm.
What’s an Instagram story?
Normal Instagram posts, which stay on a user’s profile forever, are not the same as an Instagram story (or until removed by that user). An Instagram Story could be seen as a unique piece of art that will disappear in 24 hours. One might ask, “What kind of content is this?” What are Instagram stories? That would be up to the person who made the story, since the point of a story is to get people to pay attention. It can also bring people to your profile or business page.
When using stories, it’s best to keep the more complicated things said about the entity to a minimum unless they’ll be seen for a longer time. These stories are made to be short and are written that way. In the end, they’re just a small part of the brand’s positioning, identity, content, offering, etc.
In turn, a story like this will overlap with the relevant part of the attention span, since posts like this are based on data about how visitors act. And there are many examples of businesses that have grown by using Instagram stories.
One good way to use Instagram Stories, which is also a way to get more people interested, is to reuse content you’ve already posted and drive traffic to it. It’s also useful for customer-generated content like user comments, reviews, FAQs, short facts and tips about products, and anything else that could be thought of as a small piece of your main page’s content.
How to Make an Instagram Story
- Swipe right to get to the camera on Instagram, or tap the plus sign (+) and scroll to Story.
- Tap the circle to take a picture, or tap and hold to start a video recording.
- You can add doodles, text, filters, or stickers by using the tools at the top.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Your Story (or Your Stories) to add the photo or video to your story.
- Tap Your Story at the top of your feed to see your post. Tap Highlight under your story if you want to keep the story after 24 hours.
Where Do Instagram Stories Appear?
When you post an Instagram story, a ring appears around your profile picture. When other users tap your profile picture, they can see your story. But your profile grid doesn’t show your story. Your news feed starts with stories.
If you see the profile picture of a friend, you can tap it to see their story. Your profile picture shows up at the top of your friends’ feeds and next to your posts and direct messages. If you use a hashtag or geotag in your Instagram story, it will show up in searches unless you make your account private.
Why is my Instagram story not deleting?
How to fix it if you can’t delete your Instagram story. If you are having trouble deleting an Instagram story, it could be because of a bug. You can restart the app and clear the cache to make sure that everything you did before is done again.
Can you delete an Instagram story before 24 hours?
Stories aren’t permanent by design. After 24 hours, they will go away from your Story feed on their own, but users can delete their Story before the 24 hours are up.
Do deleted stories still show up?
When you delete photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos, or stories, they are gone from your account right away and moved to a folder called “Recently Deleted.” The folder will hold deleted stories that are not in your archive for up to 24 hours. Everything else will be deleted 30 days later by itself.