One of the many social media sites available, LinkedIn stands out from the crowd. LinkedIn is all about networking for professionals who are passionate about their careers rather than encouraging users to post curated images of their fabulous lives or scroll endlessly through random memes. If you want to know how to Delete your LinkedIn Account
Having said that, LinkedIn isn’t the right platform for everyone, and even if you decide to sign up for the platform, you might change your mind about using it in the future. If this is the case, you will need to be familiar with the steps necessary to completely delete your LinkedIn account. Here’s how you can “Delete” or Deactivate, your LinkedIn account temporarily and Permanently. You can also delete your account entirely.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is for anyone who wants to take their professional life more seriously by looking for new ways to grow their careers and connect with other professionals. It doesn’t matter if you’re a marketing executive at a big company, the owner of a small shop in your town, or a first-year college student looking for your first job after you graduate.
You can think of LinkedIn as the high-tech version of going to a traditional networking event, where you meet other professionals, talk a little bit about what you do, and exchange business cards. It’s like one big virtual networking event.
Why might you want to delete your LinkedIn account?
- If you are no longer using LinkedIn: there is no point in maintaining an active account because there is no use for it. When you delete your account, others will no longer be able to access your information, which will help to protect your privacy.
- You have some privacy concerns: If you have some privacy concerns, you might want to consider deleting your LinkedIn account. There are some people who feel uneasy about the fact that LinkedIn collects a significant amount of data about its users.
- You’ve had a bad experience with LinkedIn: and here are some examples: If you have had a poor experience on LinkedIn, such as being harassed or receiving spam messages, you might want to consider deleting your account. If you delete your account, you will be protected from any further harassment or spam that may be directed toward you.
- You’re embarking on a new professional path: It is recommended that you delete your LinkedIn account and start over if you are transitioning into a new line of work. You will now have the opportunity to create a new profile that reflects the new career goals you have set for yourself as a result of this.
How to Delete your LinkedIn Account From Browser
- Go to the LinkedIn website and sign in to your account.
- Click the Me icon in the top navigation bar.
- From the pop-up menu, select Settings & Privacy.
- Scroll to the Account Management section at the bottom, then click Close account.
- Select the blue Continue button.
- Choose a reason you’re leaving, then click Next.
- Enter your password on the next page to confirm your action. You may also unsubscribe from future LinkedIn emails by checking the corresponding box.
- Finally, hit Done to close the account
How to Delete your LinkedIn Account From App
- Click your Profile picture in the upper-left corner.
- Tap Settings in the bottom-left corner
- Select Account preferences.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Close account
- LinkedIn will state what you will lose after closing your account. Proceed by tapping Continue.
- Select a reason for closing your account and tap Next.
- Confirm your password and mark the checkbox underneath it if you’d like to unsubscribe from future LinkedIn emails.
- Tap Done to finalize the process.
Steps to Backup your LinkedIn Data before Deleting
- Go to the LinkedIn visit website and log in.
- Click on the Me section on the top right side of the screen.
- Click on the Settings & Privacy option.
- In the Data Privacy section, go to the How LinkedIn Uses Your Data option.
- Click on the Get a Copy of Your Data menu and it will ask what kind of data you need.
- Checklist the options and click on Request Archive.
The process of deleting your LinkedIn account is straightforward; however, you should be aware that this choice will not be reversible in any way. If you are certain that you want your account deleted, you can do so by following the steps that were provided above.
A LinkedIn profile can be permanently deleted on any device you’ve logged in to. This will remove all your data from the professional networking site, including posts and comments, and there is no way to retrieve them.
You can reopen your account directly by attempting to log into your LinkedIn account or utilizing the link provided in the original account closure email from desktop or your mobile device.
The Who’s viewed your profile feature displays your profile visitors in the last 90 days, and can provide additional trends and insights about viewers. Note: You won’t see this information if you haven’t had any profile views in the past 90 days.