If you want to know Diablo 4: How to Complete Holding Back the Flood. Holding Back the Flood is a new assignment that appears early on in the Season of the Malignant in Diablo 4, and it has caused a lot of players to feel confused. However, the requirements to complete it have caused some confusion, as all they say is that you need to finish Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of the Season Journey in order to move on.
This quest is intended to help guide players through some of the new content that was added in Diablo 4 Season 1, but the requirements to finish it have caused some confusion. If you haven’t figured out how to get to those chapters yet, the fact that there is no additional explanation for how to do this in Diablo 4 game can be quite frustrating. If you are having trouble progressing through the storyline of Diablo 4, then the following guide will help you finish the Holding Back the Flood side quest so that you can move on.
How to Complete Holding Back the Flood
Completing Chapter 1
- Gather 15 Gallowvine
- Collect a Malignant Heart (1) – This can be done after the campaign is done or skipped.
- Finish any Dungeon on your Map (1).
- Do a World Event that you can see on your Map (1).
- Finish all three of the Dungeons in Fractured Peaks.
- Finish building a Cellar (1).
- Do the main quests or the side quests (5).
- Get a Whispering Key (1). This item can be bought from the Purveyor of Curiosities.
- Use the Blacksmith (1) to repair normal items.
Completing Chapter 2
- Complete 10 Cellars.
- Collect Malignant Hearts (3) – Available after completing or skipping the campaign.
- Conquer a Stronghold (1).
- Craft any Chipped gem at the Jeweler (1).
- Complete Malignant Tunnels (5) – Available after completing or skipping the campaign.
- Reach level 25.
- Collect Demon Hearts (15) – Found from killing Demons or in Cellars.
- Change your gear’s appearance in the Wardrobe (5).
- Interact with waypoints for faster travel to new places (10).
- Upgrade items at the Blacksmith or Jeweler (2).
- Upgrade your potion to Minor at the Alchemist.
Key Locations and NPCs
- The Grymforge: This is a dwarven stronghold located in the mountains of Baldur’s Gate. You can reach it by traveling east from the Friendly Arm Inn.
- The Blighted Village: This is a village that has been infected with the Blight. It is located to the south of the Grymforge.
- The Blighted Grove: This is a grove of trees that has been corrupted by the Blight. It is located to the east of the Blighted Village.
- The Blighted Temple: This is a temple that has been dedicated to the Blight. It is located in the center of the Blighted Grove.
- High King Durin: He is the leader of the dwarves of the Grymforge. He is located in the Grymforge’s throne room.
- Dagna: She is a dwarven blacksmith who can help you to craft special weapons and armor. She is located in the Grymforge’s forge.
- Astarion: He is a high elf vampire who can join your party. He is located in the Grymforge’s prison.
- Lae’zel: She is a githyanki warrior who can join your party. She is located in the Grymforge’s prison.
Defeating Enemies and Bosses
- Figure out how they act. Each type of enemy has its own way of attacking. By learning these patterns, you’ll be able to predict their attacks and keep from getting hit.
- Use your skills to keep people in line. Crowd-controlling skills, like stunning and freezing, can be very useful against enemies. By using these skills, you can stop enemies from attacking you and buy yourself time to deal damage.
- Use the best skills you have. Bosses are very strong, so you will need to use your best skills to take them down. Don’t be afraid to use your cooldowns, because you will need them.
- Work with the people on your team. When playing with other people, it’s important to work as a team to beat bosses. Talk to each other and focus on different parts of the battle, like doing damage, healing, and keeping the crowd under control.
Once you’ve started working through the Season of Malignant content, you’ll encounter the Holding Back the Flood quest in your quest journal. However, to complete it, it says that you must complete Chapter One and Chapter Two of the Season Journey—and that’s it, there’s no other context.
Chapter 1 of the Season Journey for Season of the Malignant is an easy way to learn about how the system works. It has goals like starting the main quest for the season, reclaiming items, and finishing a Cellar. The Garden of the Hangman. You can find Gallowvine almost anywhere.
When you get to the map marker in Secret of the Spring, all you have to do is use the right emote to tell the spring to wait. When you do that, a chest will appear, and you can take what’s inside to finish the mission.