Slack is a very useful messaging app that is used by 77 of the top 100 companies by revenue to communicate with their own employees. Slack is also used by a lot of other organizations to connect teams. if you want to know how to Disable Slack Notifications.
Whether you work in a hybrid or remote setting, this platform makes it easy to stay in touch with important coworkers. No matter if you like to use a cheap Chromebook or a reliable mobile device, it’s easy to stay connected to your favorite channels. But the constant stream of alerts can quickly become too much to handle.
Follow the steps below to cut down on the number of notifications you get from Slack. After you’ve done these things, you can also manage notifications on your Android phone so that other apps don’t interrupt you as much. At the end of the day, it’s not Slack’s fault that you’re so popular.
How to Disable Slack Notifications on Mobile App
- Open the Slack app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the menu icon, which is usually three horizontal lines, in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down in the menu that comes up and tap on “Settings.”
- On the screen for Settings, click “Notifications.”
- You will see different options for alerts. To turn off all notifications, flip the “Allow Notifications” switch or uncheck the “Allow Notifications” box.
- If you want to change how you get notifications, you can go through each category (like Direct Messages, Mentions & Reactions, Channel Notifications, etc.) and change the toggles or checkboxes to suit your needs. If you turn them off, you won’t get any more notifications for that category.
- When you’re done making the changes you want, leave the Settings menu.
If you can download this app, than you can visit on Google Play Store
How to Turn Off Slack Notifications on Web Browser
- Open your web browser and go slack bar
- Sign in to your account on Slack.
- Click on your workspace name in the top-left corner of the Slack interface to open the workspace menu.
- Use the menu to choose “Preferences.”
- Click “Notifications” on the left side of the “Preferences” window.
- You will see different options for alerts. Click the toggle switch next to “Enable desktop notifications” to turn off all notifications.
- If you’d rather customize your notification settings, you can go through each category (like Mentions & Reactions, Direct Messages, Channel notifications, etc.) and change the toggles to suit your needs. If you turn them off, you won’t get any more notifications for that category.
- Click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the Preferences window once you’ve made the changes you want.
Who needs Slack?
Many businesses have too much software, which means that they use a lot of programs that they probably don’t need. This can make it harder to talk to people inside the company. After all, if there are too many ways and tools for people to talk to each other, information can easily get scattered and messy.
So, Slack comes into play. It puts all business communications in one place and makes them easier to use. Slack is great for teams that work in different places, but it’s also great for teams that work in the same room.
There are many communication tools like Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, Chanty, and RocketChat that can be used instead of Slack. Each one has different features that may work better for different types of businesses.