Change Your Username Discord’s name on the platform. The company recently announced that it is getting rid of the old usernames, which end in numbers, and switching to usernames that look like those on other major social media sites. Instead of adding four numbers to your username to make it unique, you will now have a unique alphanumeric username with a @ symbol and a display name that, like Twitter, can include special characters, spaces, emojis, and more.
It’s a good idea, though some people don’t like it and some people don’t like it. The Discord team will have to work hard to make a smooth change. If you are here, we assume you want to change your username on Discord. We’ll show you how to change your Discord username in this blog post.
What is Discord?
Discord, which came out in 2015, is a place where people who like the same things can share and talk. It is popular among gamers because it lets them talk to each other and build a community outside of the games. Servers make the platform work. These are set up with a specific topic or theme so that people can meet online to talk and share pictures, links, and information. These servers have both text channels and voice chat if your device has a microphone. Text channels, which are the most used, can be found on servers marked with a hashtag (#). Users send each other messages, photos, and GIFs.
How to Change Your Username in Discord on PC
- Open the Discord client on your PC and sign in to your account.
- Click on the gear icon to the left of your username at the bottom left of the screen.
- When you do this, you’ll go to the “My Account” page. Here, you’ll see the Username field right below your profile picture. Touch Edit.
- Delete your old username and type in the new one you want to use from now on.
- Now, type in your password and hit the “Done” button.
- On the “My Account” page, you should now see your username.
How to Change Your Username in Discord on Mobile
- Open the Discord app on your phone. We used the Android version of the app.
- Tap on any server that you’ve joined before.
- Now, in the bottom right corner, click on your profile picture.
- Click on “My Account“
- Select Username.
- Type in your new name.
- Once you’re done, click the Save button (it looks like a floppy disk) in the bottom right corner.
Important Tips for Choosing a New Username
- Keep it short and simple. A username that is easy to remember and type is ideal. You don’t want your friends to have to struggle to remember your username or make mistakes when typing it in.
- Be creative. There are millions of Discord users, so it can be difficult to find a username that is truly unique. But don’t be afraid to get creative and come up with something that reflects your personality or interests.
- Avoid using personal information. It’s not a good idea to include your real name, address, phone number, or other personal information in your username. This could make you vulnerable to harassment or identity theft.
- Avoid using offensive language. Your username should be appropriate for all ages and audiences. Avoid using offensive language or symbols in your username.
- Make sure it’s available. Once you’ve chosen a username, make sure it’s available by checking the Discord website or app. If the username is already in use, you’ll need to choose a different one.
Username Change Limitations and Restrictions
- You can only change your username 2 times per week.
- Your new username must be between 2 and 32 characters long.
- Your new username can only contain alphanumeric characters, underscores (_), and periods (.).
- Your new username cannot contain two consecutive periods (.).
- Your new username cannot be the same as an existing username.
- Your new username cannot be offensive or inappropriate.
Each Discord user’s username is made up of two parts: a regular username that can be changed at any time and a tag that can’t be changed unless the user is a Discord Nitro subscriber. In this article, we’ll show you how to change your username in the mobile app for Discord.
With the new system, each user will have a unique username, a display name, and server-specific handles, if they want. If you use Discord, the app will let you know when you can choose a new username and display name.
Next, copy the target user’s ID and go to a site like discord.id that checks the age of a Discord account. Paste your ID into the column and click the Lookup button. Wait a few seconds, and you’ll see a summary of the target Discord account, including the user ID, username, badges, and, of course, the date it was made.