Elden Ring Easy Anti Cheat Failed to Initialize Launch Error is a new action role-playing video game that came out in February 2022. It was made by From Software and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It looks like some players are having a lot of problems or bugs when the game starts up or even when they are playing.
But the Elden Ring Easy Anti-Cheat Failed to Initialize Launch Error happens a lot to PC players, which can be very frustrating after a while. If you’re also having the same problem, don’t worry because we’ve listed some solutions below that should help you.
To review, the Easy Anti Cheat system is a security protocol for online multiplayer games that keeps players safe from hackers and cheaters in real time. It stops players from using their accounts to cheat or hack, and if they do it more than once, they may be banned for good.
Fix: Elden Ring Easy Anti-Cheat Launch Error
Replace Game Launcher Files
- Download the Game Launcher Files
- Extract the zip file from your Downloads folder.
- Copy the extracted file and paste it in this location on your PC. Make sure to tick the Hidden Folders option to view all the folders for this purpose.
- C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\EasyAntiCheat\GameLauncher
- Launch the Game via Steam.
Download Missing EAC Files or Run the Game in Offline Mode
- Download these files
- Extract the rar file
- Press Windows + R and type “%appdata%”
- Open “EasyAntiCheat > Game Launcher” folder from the Window that opens up
- Past the files that we had extracted earlier
- Now verify your game files using Steam or try launching the game directly through the game exe called “start_protected_game.exe“
Verify integrity of game files
- Start Steam, then go to Library.
- From the list of installed games, find Elden Ring and right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
- Go to Local Files tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait a while for the procedure to be finished.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished.
- Launch Steam and go to Library.
- Right-click on Elden Ring and choose Properties.
- In the General tab, untick Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Relaunch the game to see if Elden Ring easy anti cheat launch error is gone.
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and head to the Library.
- Right-click the Elden Ring game and select the Manage > Browse local files option. You will open your PC’s installation location for Elden Ring by clicking on this.
- Next, double-click on the EasyAntiCheat folder in the EldenRing folder.
- Then find EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe and right-click on it.
- After that, choose the Run as Administrator option from the context menu that appears.
- Now, on the setup screen, choose the Elden Ring game and select the Repair Service option to repair EAC.
- Next, follow the prompted instructions to complete the repair and reboot your PC.
- Lastly, relaunch Steam and Elden Ring to determine whether the issue has been resolved.
What causes Easy Anti-Cheat Launch Error on Elden Ring?
- It could be because you don’t have the right to start the game as an administrator. So, to fix the error, try running Steam and Elden Ring as an administrator.
- If the Easy Anti-Cheat engine files are broken, you are more likely to get this error. So, if the situation is correct, fix the error by fixing the Easy Anti-Cheat engine.
- You might get this error if your security suite is too strict and stops the game from starting correctly. So, to fix the error, turn off your antivirus or firewall.
- The error could also happen if the Elden Ring game files are broken. In that case, you can fix the error by making sure the game files are correct.
- If you have in-game overlays turned on in Steam, it can lead to this error. If this is the case, turn off Steam overlay to fix the problem.