WhatsApp recently added a new feature that lets its users lock individual chats with a password or biometric authentication. With this feature, WhatsApp users will be able to make their messages more private and secure. This is especially important if they are having private or confidential conversations that they don’t want other people to see. in this article we will discuss about how to Enable Chat Lock on WhatsApp.
With WhatsApp’s new “Chat Lock” feature, users can move a conversation to a separate folder that can only be opened with a password or biometric authentication, like a fingerprint. When a chat is locked, the feature automatically hides the conversation from notifications.
How to Enable WhatsApp Chat Lock for Android
- Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the thread which you want to hide.
- Tap the Chat Info.
- Find the Chat Lock option.
- Tap Chat Lock.
- Turn the toggle on for Lock this chat with a fingerprint and confirm with your fingerprint.
- That’s it.
How to Enable Chat Lock on WhatsApp for iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Select any thread.
- Tap Chat Info.
- Select Chat Lock option.
- Turn the toggle on for Lock this chat with Face ID and confirm your Face ID.
- That’s it.
How to Lock Whatsapp chat Lock
- Open WhatsApp, then go to the chat you want to lock and click on it. Then tap the name of the conversation to open the screen with chat info.
- Scroll down and choose the option to lock the chat.
- Turn on the switch for “Lock this chat with a fingerprint.” Verify who you are by scanning your fingerprint or face, or by entering the unlock PIN or password for your phone.
- A message will show that the chat is now closed.
What is WhatsApp Chat Lock?
Chat Lock gives WhatsApp an extra layer of security by letting you hide certain conversations from your inbox and put them in a safe folder called Locked Chats. You can get into locked Chats with your device’s passcode or other biometrics, like your fingerprint or Face ID. One of the best things about the new feature is that it hides the content of messages in the notifications.
It is a useful feature for people who share their phones with family or friends. Locked Chats won’t show up on the WhatsApp home screen. You can swipe down on your phone’s screen to reveal the hidden folder.
What Happens When You Lock a WhatsApp Chat Using Chat Lock?
One, the chat doesn’t live in your inbox (the main screen of the chat window). It goes into a protected folder at the top of your inbox called Locked Chats. This folder has all of your locked WhatsApp chats, and you can only get to them by unlocking it with your phone’s password/PIN or biometrics.
Two, when a chat is locked, WhatsApp hides the contents of messages that come in. So when the sender sends you a message, you only get a notification that you have a new message, and you can’t see what it says until you verify your identity.
WhatsApp now allow users to lock individual chats. Users can get the new feature by updating their iOS or Android WhatsApp app. Locked chats cab only be opened by device’s password or biometric.
Swipe down to access all locked chats: To access all locked chats, swipe down on the screen. You will see all of the WhatsApp chats that you have locked. – To access a locked chat, tap on it: Tap on the chat you wish to join to access it.1 day ago
To see your hidden chats on WhatsApp, open the archive folder. You will find this folder at the top of your chat menu. Then, click the achieve button to see your hidden chats on WhatsApp.