This blog is about the Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS
The caps lock button is standard on computer keyboards like Mac and Windows. Have you noticed while using a Chromebook that there is no dedicated key on the keyboard? Well how the hell do you turn caps lock on and off on a Chromebook? How else are you supposed to pretend you’re yelling at people on the internet? Do not worry; we’ve got it covered.
BollyinsideSmart Home Weekly Signup We will not spam you.
Let’s take a look at the caps lock feature on the Chromebook and how you can access it.
Activate / deactivate caps lock
Although it’s not obvious, you can still use caps lock on your Chromebook. This is easy to achieve with a combination of keyboard shortcuts.
- Just hit the alt + search keys. The search key is the one with the magnifying glass on it. That’s all we can say about it. Easy enough.
You’ll also see an alert appear at the bottom right of your Chromebook screen, letting you know you’ve turned on the caps lock feature. Additionally, if you click on the area where your Google user photo is displayed, you will see an arrow pointing up indicating that CAPS LOCK is enabled.
Why Google has decided to make the caps lock feature a mystery to all of us, we have no idea. Maybe they just wanted to make the internet a more polished place, one Chromebook at a time, but that will likely remain a mystery.
Turning off the caps lock feature on your Chromebook is as easy as turning it on. Press the Alt + search keys again. Here. Now that you know how to turn it on or off, you can use Caps Lock however you like on your Chromebook.
Define a shortcut key
In addition to using a keyboard shortcut, you can also set a specified key as the default Caps Lock key on your Chromebook keyboard, for those early mornings when pressing two keys at once takes too much coordination. If you want to enable this, here’s how:
- Click on the lower right side, where your Google profile picture is displayed.
- Then click on Settings and scroll down to where it says Device.
- Next, click on the Keyboard Settings button. In the keyboard settings, go to where it says Caps Lock.
- Click on the drop-down menu. Next, select the key you want to use as the default Caps Lock key on your Chromebook keyboard. Just make sure you don’t set it to a key that you have to use a lot, or that could get really annoying very quickly.
- Finally, select the OK button when you are done with your selection.
Now you know how to use caps lock on a Chromebook. You can use the Alt + search hotkeys (the magnifying glass) or configure your own hotkey to act as the default caps lock key. Once you get used to your Chromebook keyboard, it will be like second nature to you.
Are you new to ChromeOS and Chromebooks? Are you trying to adjust after switching from a Windows PC or a Macbook? Check out our Chromebook articles at. If there’s anything you’d like to see featured about the Chromebook on TechJunkie, let us know in the comments below.
Benefits: Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS
- The Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS guide is free.
FAQ: Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS
In this guide, I told you about the Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS.
In this blogging guide, we discuss about the Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS, which is very helpful for knowledge fun fact purpose.
Blog Conclusion: Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS
If you have any queries regards this blog about the Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about this blog or want to update it “Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog Enable/Disable Caps Lock on ChromeOS, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.