Even if you don’t fall over often or have never had to deal with it before, the latest Pixel Watch update adds a very important safety feature that every Pixel Watch owner should use. How to Enable Pixel Watch Fall Detection should have this feature turned on by default.
The new Fall Detection feature uses the Watch’s sensors to tell when the person wearing it has fallen. The wearer then gets a message on their Watch asking if they’re okay. Depending on how they answer, or if they don’t answer at all in the worst case, the watch will call emergency services and get help.
Have you ever changed a light bulb from a ladder? go on many hikes by yourself? Or walks in general? All of these are places where it’s easy to trip and hurt yourself. This Pixel Watch feature gives you peace of mind, which is a good thing.
How to Enable Pixel Watch Fall Detection
- Get the most recent version of your Pixel Watch.
- Link your Pixel Watch to your Android phone.
- Now, on your phone, open the Google Pixel Watch app. It’s an app that goes with Pixel Watch.
- Find “Watch Preference” in the app and tap on it.
- Go to Safety and Emergencies > Fall Detection next.
- Here, turn the ‘Use fall detection‘ switch on. It will make the second option, which is not required, show up.
How it works
The Pixel Watch uses motion sensors and machine learning on the device itself to recognize “hard falls.” When turned on, it will “monitor for a sudden impact and your body’s responses and instinctive reactions to falling.” When a fall is detected, the Pixel Watch will wait 30 seconds to see if you move again before vibrating, sounding an alarm, and showing a full-screen alert that asks if you want to call for help.
Best Google Pixel Watch Alternatives
- Garmin Venu 2 Plus: Without a doubt, this is Garmin’s best smartwatch to date. It has all of the great fitness features of the Venu 2, plus extra smart features.
- Fitbit Sense: This is the best smartwatch that Fitbit makes, and it looks like it will stay that way for a while. It’s a little older than some of the other items on this list, but that makes it cheaper.
- Mobvoi TicWatch E3: The TicWatch E3 is a choice from the outside. It’s a great Watch for your cheap Android phone if you don’t mind the old software.
- Fitbit Charge 5: If you want a fitness tracker that can also do an ECG, the Charge 5 is one of the least expensive options you have. It also has all of the fitness tracking features of the Pixel Watch for a lot less money.
Fall detection uses motion sensors and AI to get you the help you need if you take a hard fall. Fall detection on Google Pixel Watch is rolling out starting today, giving you more ways to keep safe and get help when you need it most.
You can turn it on using the Pixel Watch app on your phone. The easiest way to get to the proper settings screen is to open the Watch app on your phone and tap the Messages icon at the top of the screen. You should see an alert letting you know Fall Detection is now available and ready to be turned on.
Your Pixel Watch now has fall detection which can detect if you’ve taken a hard fall and connect you to emergency services. Once connected to emergency services, your Pixel Watch will play an automated message to request help to wherever you are.