We will show you Enable RGB Lighting Controls in Windows 11’s RGB Control. Microsoft’s Windows 11 has a built-in feature called “Lighting” that lets you control the RGB lighting on all of your connected and supported devices from one place. So, you won’t have to find and use separate tools to control RGB lighting on peripherals from the same or different brands.
Most of the time, we need to install and use a proprietary tool or compatible third-party software to change the RGB (Red, Green, and Blue) lighting effects on a device like a headphone, keyboard, game controller, mouse, etc. that has RGB lighting built into it. Even though the proprietary software does a good job.
it can be hard to keep track of when you use multiple RGB devices from different brands because you have to install different software for each device to change the brightness, lighting effects, etc. This Lighting feature in Windows 11 is a helpful way to make things easier for you. This is an experimental feature that is currently only available in the preview build of Windows 11 (build 25295 or higher) and is hidden.
How to Enable RGB Lighting Controls in Windows 11
- Click on the Windows icon in the taskbar or press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Click the “Settings” icon, which looks like a gear.
- Click on the “System” tab in the Settings window.
- In the sidebar on the left, click “Display.”
- Scroll down on the right pane and click the “Advanced display settings” link.
- Click on the “Graphics settings” link in the “Advanced display settings” section.
- Click the “Classic app” button in the “Choose an app to set a preference” section.
- Browse for the executable file or application that controls your RGB lighting and choose it. It could be software that came with your motherboard or software from a third party that lets you control the RGB lights.
- Click the “Options” button once you’ve chosen the app.
- Check the box that says “Override high DPI scaling behavior” in the Graphics Specifications window and then choose “Application” from the drop-down menu.
- To use the changes, click the “Save” button.
- Close the window with the settings.
Do You Really Need RGB Lighting Controls on Windows?
RGB lighting looks great if you use any external devices, especially ones related to gaming. Even the best gaming accessories (mouse, keyboard, and controllers) now have some kind of RGB lighting built in. The customization options for expensive products are a little bit better than those for moderately priced products.
If you want to change how the RGB lights look, you need software that works with it. Well-known brands of gaming accessories have their own software that lets you change the lighting effects, modes, and even the brightness.
If you like to shop from different brands, installing a separate program for each RGB accessory you have can be a pain. Not everyone uses all of their peripherals from the same brand, so you have to install more than one piece of software to change the RGB effects.