It took a long time, but Facebook’s dark mode finally came out last year. At first, it was only available on PCs, but now it’s also available on iPhones and Android phones. Facebook dark mode is a new look for the social network that replaces its usual bright, white interface with black and shades of gray on both desktop and mobile. If you want to know how to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook on PC and Phone.
Even though that might not seem like a big deal, if you were one of the first people to get Google Chrome’s dark mode, you probably already know how helpful it can be. Whether you like the best Windows laptops or the best MacBook and Macs, Facebook’s dark mode can make the text easier to read, which is good for your eyes because it reduces eye strain. Also, there are signs that cutting back on blue light in the evenings can help you sleep better, even though research is still in its early stages.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook on PC
- Enter Facebook.com.
- Click on the down arrow in the menu bar’s upper right corner.
- Select Display and Accessibility.
- To turn on Dark Mode, click the On button.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook on Phone
- To use dark mode on the Facebook app on your Android phone or iPhone,
- open the Facebook app and sign in to your Facebook account on your phone.
- Tap the icon with three lines at the top right of Facebook. Scroll down to Settings & Privacy and tap on it.
- Then tap Dark Mode and tap the On button to turn on Facebook’s dark mode on Android or iPhone.
Benefits of Using Dark Mode on Facebook
- Reduced eye strain. Dark mode is easier on the eyes, especially in low-light conditions. This is because the bright white background of traditional light mode can be harsh on the eyes, and it can cause eye strain over time. Dark mode reduces the amount of blue light emitted by your screen, which can also help to reduce eye strain.
- Improved battery life. Dark mode can help to improve your device’s battery life, especially if you have an OLED display. OLED displays use less power to display dark colors than light colors. So, by using dark mode, you can extend your device’s battery life.
- Improved readability. Dark mode can make text easier to read, especially in low-light conditions. This is because the high contrast between the dark background and the light text makes the text stand out more.
- More comfortable viewing experience. Dark mode can create a more comfortable viewing experience, especially at night. This is because the bright white background of traditional light mode can be jarring in low-light conditions. Dark mode provides a more subdued and relaxing viewing experience.
- Aesthetic appeal. Many people simply find dark mode to be more aesthetically pleasing than light mode. Dark mode can give Facebook a more sleek and modern look.
|Profile||Your profile is your public page on Facebook. It includes your name, profile photo, cover photo, bio, and other information that you choose to share.|
|Friends||Connect with friends and family members on Facebook. You can see their posts, photos, and videos, and they can see yours.|
|News Feed||Your news feed is a personalized stream of posts from your friends, family, and the pages you follow.|
|Groups||Join groups to connect with people who share your interests. You can share posts, photos, and videos with group members, and you can also participate in discussions.|
|Pages||Create a page to represent your business, organization, or cause on Facebook. You can share posts, photos, and videos with page followers, and you can also run ads to promote your page.|
|Events||Create or join events on Facebook to invite friends to parties, meetings, and other gatherings.|
|Marketplace||Buy and sell items in your local community on Facebook Marketplace.|
|Messenger||Chat with friends and family members on Facebook Messenger. You can also send them photos, videos, and voice messages.|
|Download on Google Play Store and iOS Store|
What is dark Mode?
When you switch to dark mode, the colors are turned around, and the backgrounds get darker instead of lighter. So, people will see white text on a dark background instead of black text on a white background. It has become popular since people started using smartphones.
A recent study found that switching from light mode at 100% brightness is the only way to really save a lot of power. Researchers found that switching from low to medium brightness to dark mode didn’t save more than 3% to 9%. We often hear that dark mode is helpful because it cuts harmful blue light. The wavelength of blue light is the shortest and has the most energy. The Sun gives off the most blue light for humans, but our phones also give off small amounts of blue light.
How to use the dark mode on Facebook on any device. You can use your iPhone, Android, or computer to turn on Facebook’s dark mode. In the Settings & Privacy menu of the Facebook app for phones, you can turn on dark mode. On the desktop version of Facebook, you can turn on dark mode by going to the Display & Accessibility menu.
Type chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark into the address bar and change ‘Android web contents dark mode’ and ‘Android Chrome UI dark mode’ to ‘Enabled’. After that, use Chrome to sign in to Facebook and enjoy the new look.