Despite Final Fantasy 16’s darker and more mature story, the chocobo mount is still available for purchase in the game. When the large open field maps appear later in the story of Final Fantasy 16, Get A Chocobo Mount will allow you to move through them much more quickly than you could on foot.
You will have a lot of fun with the real-time combat, but there will be times when you just want to be able to easily dash past enemies so you can concentrate on getting to a hunt target or a marker for a side quest. How exactly does one mount a chocobo? It is not something that can be done early on in the game (in fact, you might be surprised to find out that you’ll be able to fight wild chocobo before that), but you won’t be riding just any chocobo when you do it.
Instead, it will be Ambrosia, a white chocobo that belongs to Clive and who you may remember seeing in the prologue. In Final Fantasy 16, this guide will explain how to reunite Ambrosia with a chocobo mount and how to unlock the ability to ride a chocobo mount.
Why Chocobo Mounts Are Essential in the Game
- Chocobo mounts are much faster than the player’s normal movement speed, and they can go through water and steep hills, which the player can’t. Because of this, they are important for getting quickly and easily around Valisthea, which is a big, open world.
- Chocobo mounts can be used in battle, and against some types of enemies, they can be very useful. They can, for example, be used to crush weaker enemies or outrun faster ones.
- Chocobo mounts are convenient because they can be called up right away, and they can be used to go anywhere on the map that the player has already been. This makes them very useful for getting quickly and easily from one place to another.
Where to Find Chocobo Stables in Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy 16 doesn’t have any chocobo stalls. Once you get your chocobo mount, you can call it to you wherever you are in the open world. You can also send your chocobo away and call it back at any time. In previous Final Fantasy games, chocobo stables were usually used to store and take care of chocobo mounts.
But it makes sense in the world of Final Fantasy 16, because Valisthea is much more dangerous and unpredictable than the worlds of previous Final Fantasy games. Having a chocobo mount that can be called at any time gives players the freedom to explore and travel at their own pace, without having to worry about going back to a stable to store or manage their mount.
How To Get A Chocobo Mount In Final Fantasy 16
- As part of “The Gathering Storm,” keep playing the game until you get back to Martha’s Rest and Three Reeds. This will be about 20 hours into the story.
- At Martha’s Rest, you must do the “Release” favor for the NPC you talk to.
- Then, go to the Fallen Gate south of Martha’s Rest, which is marked on the map above.
- Here, there is a green “+” icon next to an NPC named Rowan who has a side quest. If you look at a map, you can see that it is called “The White-Winged Wonder.”
- Accept the quest and go to the center of the marked area to find the “White Chocobo Pinion.”
- Follow the path and go to Crooked Nash’s Pier at the end of the path to find Poachers attacking Chocobos.
- To finish the quest and get the Chocobo mount, you must kill all of the Poachers.
Tips for Efficiently Obtaining a Chocobo Mount
- Start the side quest “The White-Winged Wonder” as soon as you can. After you finish the “Release” subtask of the “Gathering Storm” main quest, you can start this quest.
- Pay close attention to the quest markers. The quest will take you to many different places, so it’s important to pay close attention to the signs so you don’t get lost.
- Get ready for a fight. The final goal of the quest is to stop a group of thieves from attacking a nest of chocobos. Before you start the battle, make sure you have enough items and spells.
- Use your chocobo as a way to get around. Once you have your chocobo mount, it will be much easier for you to travel around Valisthea. Make sure to go to all the places you wouldn’t have been able to get to without your chocobo.
How to Purchase Final Fantasy 16 Game?
This video game is available for purchase on Amazon.com.
To get the chocobo mount in Final Fantasy 16, you have to play until the story skips ahead in time and you get a main scenario quest called “The Gathering Storm” that takes you to Martha’s Rest. Lucky for you, this is also where a new side quest called “The White-Winged Wonder” can be found.
At level 20 or higher, Main Scenario Quests will help players get their own Chocobo mount. At level 30 or higher, a player can get their Chocobo Companion, which will fight with them. Players can change the way their Chocobo looks by putting on Chocobo Barding or changing the color of their Chocobo.