If you want to clean up your Gmail inbox but don’t want to delete anything permanently, the best thing to do is to choose the archive option. When you archive an email, it moves out of your inbox folder but is still available to you. By archiving messages in your Gmail email client, you can keep important business emails without them showing up in your Inbox. But first you need to know how to Find Archive on Gmail.
When you archive an email, it’s not always clear where it goes, which can be a problem if you need to find an old message. Google doesn’t keep archived messages in a separate folder. Instead, it moves them to a label that is usually used to show all of your email messages. Not all emails are important enough to keep in your inbox so that you can get them right away. But you might not be ready to get rid of these emails either.
Most email services have a way to store messages that you might want to look at later but aren’t too important right now. You can put these emails in the archive folder so that you can always find them if you need to. The best way to clean up full inboxes without having to delete emails is to archive them.
Find archived emails on Gmail Via mobile app
Using search bar
- Open the Gmail app on you Android phone and iPhone.
- Tap the search bar at the top of the screen and enter your keywords.
- Go through the results to find the email in question.
Using All Mail folder
- Open your Gmail app and log in to your account, if needed.
- Tap the three-line icon, located in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select All mail.
Find archived emails on Gmail Via Desktop
Using search bar
- If you know keywords about the email you want to find, like the sender, subject, or topic, you can type those into the search bar and hit Enter.
- Look through the list of results to find the email you’re looking for.
Using All Mail folder
- Move your cursor over the left side of the Gmail window. The sidebar will grow.
- In that sidebar, click on “All Mail.” If you don’t see that, click More and then scroll down until you see All Mail.
- There, you’ll see any emails that haven’t been deleted or archived.
How to Archive an email in Gmail
Archive an email On Android
- Open the Gmail app.
- Open the message you want to archive, or select multiple messages that you want to archive.
- Tap the Archive icon.
On iPhone or iPad
- Open the app for Gmail.
- Tap the message to open it or tap the sender’s picture to see their profile. If you choose the email profile picture, you can choose more than one picture to archive all of the messages you chose at once.
- Choose the icon that says “Archive” at the top of the screen.
- Go to Gmail.com and sign in.
- Move your mouse pointer over the message you want to save.
- Click the Archive icon, which looks like a box with a down arrow and is to the right of the email’s sender information and description.
Why archive emails in Gmail?
Because it’s impossible to find what you need when your inbox is full of everything. We wrote the best guide on how to keep your Gmail inbox organised. It shows you how to keep track of emails that are tasks or need to be read later, then archive them so you can feel confident that you’ve seen everything and are in charge.
It’s the way to get to “Inbox Zero”: decide what to do with every email in your inbox, move it to a safe place where you can keep track of it as a task, calendar event, or “Read Later,” and then archive it so it’s no longer in your inbox. Why should you empty your inbox? Because it helps you think clearly. It takes away any worry that you might have missed something or forgotten something.
What it means to archive something
Before you do anything else, you should know that Gmail organises everything by labels, not by folders. The main difference between traditional folders and labels is that an email can only be found in one place in a folder structure. Labels, on the other hand, let you put more than one label on an email.
When you get an email, it automatically gets a label that says “Inbox” so that it shows up in your inbox. After that, you can choose to add more labels to it. When you archive an email, you take it out of your inbox. By archiving an email in Gmail, you can clean up your inbox without deleting anything.
It’s the same as crossing something off your list of things to do or putting something away for safekeeping. This way, you can keep all the important emails and keep your inbox from getting too full.
Why can’t I find my archived emails on iPhone?
Before you can get an email from the past, you need to set up your email account to save messages. Tap the “Settings” icon, choose “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars,” and then choose the email account. Tap the ON/OFF switch next to “Archive Messages” to turn it on.
Why can’t I find my archived email?
Archived emails don’t show up in your Gmail Inbox anymore, but they stay in the All Mails label until you delete them by hand. The “All Mails” label in Gmail makes it easy to find these old emails. You can also use filters in Gmail to find old emails quickly.
What happens when I archive Gmail?
When you click “Archive,” the message disappears from your inbox and is moved to the “All Mail” section in case you ever need it again. You can use Gmail’s search function to find messages that have been saved. Messages sent to a group of people can come back to your inbox if someone on the list responds to the original message.