Even though Baldur’s Gate 3 has a huge open world, not all players have been able to start their journey in the Forgotten Realm because the RPG keeps crashing on PC or doesn’t launch. It’s one of the most common performance problems in the game right now, and many people are working hard to fix it. This is one of the Fix ‘Baldur’s Gate 3 Crashing’ issue. But there are a few ways around the problem that seem to help many players for the time being. So, in today’s Baldur’s Gate 3 guide, we will talk about how to fix the “Won’t Launch” and “Crashing on PC” problems.
Why does Baldur’s Gate 3 crash so much?
- Incorrect Settings: Baldur’s Gate 3 can crash because of wrong settings in the game, the operating system, or even the launcher.
- Problematic drivers: This problem can also be caused by GPU drivers that aren’t working right.
- Problems with the game’s parts: Baldur’s Gate 3 might stop working if any of the required game parts or library files are broken, out of date, or missing.
- System requirements: The problem with crashing can also be caused by a system that doesn’t meet the recommended requirements.
- Third-party services: This fantasy RPG can also crash because of third-party apps and services. If the error persists, you can also visit the official website to resolve the problem.
Fix: ‘Baldur’s Gate 3 Crashing’ issue
Check if your PC meets Baldur’s Gate 3’s system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 4690/ AMD FX 8350
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970/ RX 480 (4 GB+ VRAM)
- Direct X: Version 11
- Storage: 150 GB available space
Tweak video settings
- From the Baldur’s Gate 3 splash screen, go to “Options”
- Click on the “Video” button.
- Click on “Overall Quality”
- Choose “Low“
Verify your Baldur’s Gate 3 installation
- Right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 in Steam.
- Click on “Manage” and then “Installed Files“
- Click “Check the game files’ integrity.”
- The process will start, and it could take a while. Steam will then redownload any files that went wrong.
Run Baldur’s Gate 3 As An Administrator
- Find the bg3 executable file in the folder where you installed Baldur’s Gate 3. Most likely, this is in the steamsteamappscommonBaldur’s Gate 3bin folder.
- Right-click the bg3.exe file, and then click Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator,” and then click OK.
Change Baldur’s Gate 3 Launch Option
- Open Steam and go to your library of games.
- Select Properties when you right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Under the General tab, type –skip-launcher in the Launch Options box.
With this update, more than 1,000 bugs, balance problems, and other problems are fixed. In terms of bug fixes, NPCs shouldn’t be able to see you when they shouldn’t be able to, strangely floating items shouldn’t do that anymore, and the whole romance scene in Shadowheart should now go as it should.
Is Baldur’s Gate 3 causing Larian Studios to be sued? We can say for sure that any lawsuit about Bladur’s Gate 3 being “too good” is a complete and total lie. On August 9, 2023, this particular rumor about a lawsuit against Larian Studios started on Tiktok, the most popular social media site at the time.
One common cause of Baldur’s Gate 3 crashes is running outdated graphics drivers. Whether you have an AMD or Nvidia GPU, you should update your graphics drivers ahead of playing the game in order to eliminate any potential issues.