In August 2023, a new gaming feature called Ray Reconstruction became available on NVIDIA RTX graphics cards. This builds upon the previous year’s introduction of ray tracing. Ray Reconstruction is a method for improving the smoothness of ray tracing. This function was introduced with the DLSS 3.5 update. In this article we will discuss about the how to Fix ‘Cyberpunk 2077 DLSS Ray Reconstruction Greyed Out’ issue.
Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the first games to discuss this feature after it was implemented into the game. However, gamers are currently unable to utilize this technology in Cyberpunk 2077. In-game, they can’t seem to access that menu or function. Let’s check out your options for fixing this problem.
What Is Ray Reconstruction In Cyberpunk 2077?
Ray Reconstruction is a sophisticated artificial intelligence model developed by NVIDIA to improve the quality of ray-traced images, especially in intensive ray-traced games and applications, as stated in the official NVIDIA blog post. The NVIDIA DLSS 3.5 intelligent technology makes it attainable. Faster frame rates, higher image quality, and improved responsiveness are all possible thanks to DLSS 3.5 and the Tensor Cores on GeForce RTX GPUs.
All RTX GPUs can take advantage of Super Resolution and DLAA, while RTX 40 Series GPUs are the only ones that can take advantage of Frame Generation and the brand-new Ray Reconstruction. This Ray Reconstruction replaces numerous manually tweaked denoisers with an artificial intelligence-enhanced ray-tracing lighting mechanism.
Why is Ray Reconstruction greyed out in Cyberpunk 2077?
CD Projekt RED, the video game’s developer, improved support for NVIDIA DLSS 3.5. The quality of Ray Traced effects is enhanced by the addition of DLSS Ray Reconstruction, which is introduced here. However, only those using a GeForce RTX graphics card will be able to take advantage of this function.
In Cyberpunk 2077, activating DLSS Ray Reconstruction is a simple process. To activate this feature, go to the Graphics settings page and then to the NVIDIA DLSS section. Several Cyberpunk 2077 players have noted that the Ray Reconstruction option is disabled, despite the fact that the process is straightforward. The reason for this is that DLSS 3.5 can only be used with Path Tracing enabled. The Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode quick preset must also be selected.
Fix: ‘Cyberpunk 2077 DLSS Ray Reconstruction Greyed Out’ issue
Check DLSS Compatibility in Graphics Settings
- Start up Cyberpunk 2077.
- Open the game’s graphics menu.
- Make sure that DLSS can work with your screen resolution and graphics settings. DLSS works best at higher resolutions, like 1440p or 4K.
- To use DLSS Ray Reconstruction, make sure that Ray Tracing is turned on. It works with ray tracing.
Verify Game Files
- Launch your game (Steam, Epic Games, GOG Galaxy, etc.).
- Cyberpunk 2077 can be found in your library.
- To get to the Local Files tab, right-click on the game and select Properties.
- One way to find and fix any broken game files is to click on “Verify integrity of game files” or a similar option.
NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
- To get to the NVIDIA Control Panel, right-click on the desktop and choose “NVIDIA Control Panel.”
- Click on “Manage 3D settings” after going to “3D Settings.”
- Pick “DLSS” and turn it on under the “Global Settings” tab.
- Also, make sure you have chosen the right DLSS setting (for example, Quality, Balanced, or Performance) for the image quality and performance balance you want.
Update Graphics Drivers
- Make sure that your system has the most recent NVIDIA graphics drivers. Outdated drivers can make things not work together properly.
- You can get the latest drivers for your GPU model from the official NVIDIA website and install them.
The GeForce RTX 2060 is the bare minimum GPU required for 1920×1080 Ray Tracing. Gamers will experience Night City in a DLSS-enabled Medium Ray Tracing Preset. A GeForce RTX 3070 or RTX 2080 Ti is suggested for 2560 x 1440.
Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode allows for more realistic indirect lighting and occlusion in the Cyberpunk 2077 world by reflecting natural colored light off of surfaces multiple times.
You can access Phantom Liberty once you’ve completed the meat of the Voodoo Boys story, but… don’t. I recommend putting it off until last, or at least after you’ve finished the game’s main storylines.