This tutorial is about Fix ‘Disk Cleanup Stuck on Calculating in Windows PC’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, Fix ‘Disk Cleanup Stuck on Calculating in Windows PC’ Issue. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check Fix ‘Disk Cleanup Stuck on Calculating in Windows PC’ Issue
Disk Cleanup is a system maintenance utility that comes preinstalled from Microsoft. It is used to free up space on a system’s hard drive by scanning and analyzing files that are stored on your system. If the utility finds that the files are not in use or are no longer needed, it will delete them and provide you with free space. This includes removing unnecessary cache, temporary files or folders, etc.
Sometimes when you run the utility on your system partition, it hangs while cleaning Windows Update Cleanup. Waiting works for some users, however if it crashes forever it becomes a problem as it prevents you from using the utility. Many users have had this problem and the solution is quite easy, but before we get into that, let’s look at the possible causes of this problem.
Disk Cleanup Stuck in Mixed Reality Compute
Use storage sense instead
- For a quick fix, we recommend using Storage direction (a tool built into Windows 10) to clean your disks, instead of trying to repair the old Disk Cleanup tool. Storage sense is the new replacement for Disk Cleanup in modern Windows. In fact, Microsoft will soon remove the old Disk Cleanup tool to push people to use the new Storage Sense app.
- Storage Sense can be accessed from the Settings application in Windows 10. To access it, first go to the start menu, search for and open Settings application. In the Windows Settings window, select System. In the left pane, select Storage to access the Storage Sense application.
- To clean your discs generally, click the Free up space now link below Storage direction. In the next window, the items and options that can be selected look similar to the old Disk Cleanup tool. You should also see the Scan: mixed reality loading process, which is to blame for the problem we found in the Disk Cleanup tool. But this time in Storage Sense, it will pass the process and work accordingly.
- To continue cleaning your disks, select the items you want to remove and then click Remove files to permanently remove them.
- If you have multiple hard drives on different partitions, to clean an individual drive, you can select the drive individually from the Storage app by left clicking on the drive below Local storage.
- On the next screen, you can select the component you want to clean, for example, Temporary filessimply by clicking on it.
- Next, it will look for elements and components that you can remove. Once uploaded, you can select the things you want to remove and click Remove files to remove them.
How to Fix Disk Cleanup Stuck in Mixed Reality
- If you insist on repairing the old Disk Cleanup tool, this is what you can do. Since Disk Cleanup is a system tool in Windows, if it is corrupted, running SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image and Service Management) at the command prompt can fix it.
- To run the commands, go to the start menu and search for Command Prompt or CMD. Right-click on it and then select Run as administrator (important). At the elevated command prompt, enter the following command.
- This command will automatically find and repair missing and corrupted system files, including the Disk Cleanup tool. The scan may take a while. When the scan is complete, try running the Disk Cleanup tool again to see if it still gets stuck in the mixed reality calculation process.
- If the problem persists, open an elevated command prompt again and run the following command.
- The DISM command will automatically update the files and correct the service problems for the Windows image when it runs. You may be able to fix stuck Disk Cleanup when calculating Mixed Reality problem.
Final remarks: Fix ‘Disk Cleanup Stuck on Calculating in Windows PC’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, Fix ‘Disk Cleanup Stuck on Calculating in Windows PC’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.