This blog is about the Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue
There is a known issue with some Lenovo laptops where the webcam is not working. The webcam itself is not detected by Windows or there is a problem with the device driver. Of course, this can be a very frustrating problem and is not limited to Lenovo products.
In this case, repairing your webcam should be fairly easy. If you are not so lucky, you may need to make updates or adjustments to get your webcam to work.
No worries, however. We’ll show you what you need to do to resolve some common issues you might encounter with your Lenovo webcam.
Lenovo Webcam Not Working: How To Fix
The first fix for the Lenovo webcam not to work is in the Lenovo app itself. Press the F8 key on your laptop keyboard, which will turn Lenovo EasyCamera on or off.
If that doesn’t work, try following these steps to fix your webcam:
- Type ‘lenovo’ in the Windows search box and select Lenovo Settings.
- To select Camera and scroll to Privacy mode.
- To toggle Activate privacy mode at Deactivated.
- Test your camera again.
This privacy setting is designed to protect you from hackers, but can be annoying when you need to use your webcam.
If the above solution doesn’t work, we have a few simpler solutions that may get your webcam working again.
These fixes will also work on any Windows computer having issues with its webcam – not just Lenovos.
Check the device manager
Is the webcam enabled in Device Manager?
Follow these steps to verify:
- Right click on the Windows Start button and select Device Manager.
- To select Imaging devices so Lenovo EasyCamera. If there is a yellow warning triangle near the icon, there is a problem with it. If there is a small down arrow next to it, the camera has been disabled.
- Right-click on Lenovo EasyCamera and make sure there is no option to Activate. If the camera is already enabled, the option should be Disable.
If the camera is already enabled, you can also update the driver. Follow these steps to do this:
- Right-click on Lenovo EasyCamera again and select Update the driver.
- Select the automatic option to see if Windows can find a new driver.
- Let it settle and repeat the test.
If Windows cannot find the driver, visit this page on Lenovo site to get the latest Lenovo EasyCamera driver.
If a driver update does not work, it may be worth trying a full update. This means uninstalling the driver, restarting the laptop and installing the new driver from the link above.
Legacy settings may remain in effect even when overwritten by a newer driver.
Check the program settings
If your webcam works in some programs and not in others, it may be the program settings and not the camera settings that are causing the problem.
Just follow these two steps to verify:
- Open the program in question and find it Settings menu option.
- Make sure the Lenovo EasyCamera is defined to be the default camera in these settings.
This may be an obvious solution, but it’s worth a try if you’re having trouble getting your webcam to work.
Remove the Lenovo Settings app
If none of these solutions work, you can completely remove the Lenovo Settings app in case it interferes. It shouldn’t be necessary, but if nothing else works, you have nothing to lose.
Most of the app settings are controllable from Windows anyway, so you don’t damage the laptop in any way.
To remove the Lenovo Settings app, follow these steps:
- Move towards Control panel in Windows.
- To select Programs and Features and Uninstall.
- To select Lenovo Settings Dependency Package in the list and select Uninstall.
- Restart your laptop and repeat the test.
Hope after following these steps your webcam will work again.
If your Lenovo EasyCamera still does not work after all these steps, I suggest you place a support call with technical support. They will be able to help you find the solution to fix the camera on your specific device.
If replacing the driver, activating the camera, and removing the Lenovo app doesn’t solve the problem, there is something seriously wrong, then don’t waste time!
Have you experienced any issues with your Lenovo webcam? How did you solve the problem? Please comment below.
Benefits: Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue
- The Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue guide is free.
FAQ: Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue
[wpsm_accordion_section title=”What is this blog about?”]
In this guide, I told you about the Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue.
[wpsm_accordion_section title=”How this blog helping you?”]
In this blogging guide, we discuss about the Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue, which is very helpful for knowledge fun fact purpose.
[wpsm_divider top=”2px” bottom=”15px” style=”fadeout”]
Blog Conclusion: Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue
If you have any queries regards this blog about the Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about this blog or want to update it “Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog Fix ‘Lenovo Webcam Not Working’ Issue, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.