Reddit is a website that allows users to learn about and discuss virtually any subject imaginable. In addition to reading text, you can also watch videos on Reddit; however, if there is no audio, you will need to fix the problem with the sound on the website. The ability to watch videos is fundamental to the Reddit experience; consequently, it can be extremely irritating when a video is played without any accompanying audio. In this article we will discuss about the how to Fix ‘Reddit Sound Not Working’ issue.
It is possible that the sound option on Reddit was turned off, which is what caused the videos to not play any audio. Additionally, the sound for some videos on Reddit is muted by default. Below, we will demonstrate how to enable sound for desktop and mobile devices in the event that you are unable to hear the audio accompanying videos on Reddit.
Why Reddit Sound Not Working?
- You might not have the most recent version of the Reddit app, which could make it difficult to use.
- The cookies and caches that save your searches, browsing history, and passwords may make the Reddit app too busy for you to use. Which could also be why the sound is off. For a smooth experience, you need to clear them every so often.
- Almost every app has been down for maintenance or had a server issue at some point. There may also be problems with Reddit’s servers, or the site may have been down for maintenance. That means you are not at fault.
- set to default in the settings. If you want to use sound in the Reddit app, you might need to change some settings, such as the quiet audio mode. If you know more details about this, than you can check on official website.
Fixed: ‘Reddit Sound Not Working’ issue
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
- If you’re using Reddit on a web browser,
- clearing your cache and cookies can help resolve sound issues.
- The process may differ depending on your browser, so consult your browser’s documentation for instructions.
Download Sync for Reddit
- Get the app from Google Play.
- To use the app, open it and tap the three dots in the upper left corner.
- After that, click on Add Account.
- Type in your username and password, then press “Log in.”
- You will need to give the app some money. Press the “Allow” button.
- Discover the videos that don’t have sound and press the speaker icon to add sound.
Enable the adult content
- Open up a browser on your computer and type www.reddit.com into it.
- Just log in to your account.
- Then, click on your profile in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now click on Setup for Users.
- After that, you’ll see a list. Click on Feed Settings.
- It’s time to click on Adult video. If you do this, adult content will be available on your account.
Check your device’s volume
It’s possible that your device is on mute if you can’t hear the sound on a Reddit video. To turn up the volume on your phone while using the Reddit app, just press the Volume Up key. If you’re on your computer and browsing Reddit, click on the speaker icon in the upper right corner of the toolbar to check the volume.
Enable Sound on the Video
- Access your Reddit account from a browser or use the mobile app.
- Once logged in, locate the video that has no sound.
- Click on the video to enlarge it and start playing it.
- Click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen.
One reason your phone’s volume might not be working right while watching a video on the Reddit app could be that it is turned off or very low. The volume keys make it easy to turn up the volume on your device. That means it will be easy to fix your sound problem.
To add sound to a video, scroll down and click the “Speaker” icon in the bottom right corner of the video. Click the “Speaker” icon in the bottom right corner of the Video Player.
You can always use your phone’s volume keys to turn up the music or other sounds. If you have an iPhone, the volume buttons will automatically turn up the music or other sound. If you have an Android phone, you should also open the sound settings and check the volume for the media.