When you play Starfield, do you find it how to Fix ‘Starfield Console Command Not Working’ issue? Recently, a lot of Starfield players have said that Console Commands don’t work. Sometimes they couldn’t open it at all, and other times they couldn’t get the items even when they typed in the item ID.
This can make it hard to enjoy the game the way you want to. We get it, and that’s why we’re here to help you figure out what’s going on. Starfield is an action-packed role-playing game made by Bethesda. The game’s setting is different from that of The Elder Scrolls. But since it’s a new game, it has problems and issues that can make players confused and angry. In this article, we’ll look at why you can’t use Console Command in Starfield and how you can easily fix the problem.
Why ‘Starfield Console Command Not Working’ issue
- The console is not enabled. To use console commands, the console must be enabled in the game’s settings. To enable the console, go to Settings > Gameplay > Console and set it to Enabled.
- The console command is not entered correctly. Console commands must be entered exactly as they are written, including spaces and capitalization.
- The console command is not supported. Not all console commands are supported in all versions of the game. If you are using an earlier version of the game, some console commands may not work.
- The console command is conflicting with another mod or addon. If you are using any mods or addons, it is possible that one of them is conflicting with the console command. Try disabling your mods and addons to see if that resolves the issue. If you know more details about this, than you can check on official website.
Fixed: ‘Starfield Console Command Not Working’ issue
Enable the Developer Console
- Open the main menu of the game.
- Move your cursor to “Settings” or “Options.”
- Find a setting that has something to do with the developer console. This could be in a section called “Gameplay,” “Controls,” or something similar.
- Check to see if the developer console is turned on. If it’s already on, try turning it off and then back on.
Verify Game Files
- If you play on a platform like Steam, you can check the files to make sure they are correct. This can help you find corrupted files that might be causing problems and fix them.
- Select “Starfield” in your Steam library and right-click on it.
- Choose “Properties” > “Local Files” > “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
Reinstall the Game
- To open Run, press the Windows and R keys together.
- In the Run box, type appwiz.cpl and press the Enter key.
- Right-click on Starfield when you find it.
- Choose to remove. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the uninstallation.
- You can download the game from Steam, the Windows Store, or any other store where you bought it.
Press the Correct Key
- or the US keyboard, press the tilde () key.
- The European keyboard has an At (@) key.
- The German keyboard has an O-umlaut (o) key.
- The Norwegian keyboard has an O-slash () key.
- The Swiss keyboard has an Umlaut () key.
- Key (c) for the Cedilla on the Portugal keyboard.
- If you have mods installed, they can sometimes interfere with console commands. Disable all mods and see if the console commands work.
- If the console works without mods enabled, gradually re-enable your mods one by one to identify the problematic mod.
Press the tilde () key to use the console in Starfield. The game will stop, and the console will appear on the bottom half of the screen. You’ll get a message saying that using console commands will turn off achievements. To get rid of the message, you’ll need to press tilde again to close the console, then click OK or press E.
How to turn on the Starfield command console. In Starfield, you need to go into “developers mode” by pressing the @ key or, on some American keyboards, the key. This lets you open the command console. Almost every keyboard has it right below the Esc key.
Thankfully, mods will be making their way to the Xbox version of Starfield as well! Bethesda says “you’ll be able to use mods both on PC and Xbox” once the feature becomes officially supported on PC.