If you want to know how to Fix ‘The following components are required to run this program’ issue. A number of users have reported seeing an error message on gaming or software support forums that reads, “the following components are required to run this program.” The error message also indicates that the component is either DirectX Runtime or Visual C++.
This error manifests itself most frequently when users attempt to launch Windows games. Because of this, players are unable to participate in games for which the “following components are required” error occurs. Fixing the error that states “the following components are required” on a computer running Windows 10 or 11 can be done in this manner.
What prompts The following components are required to run this program?
If DirectX isn’t installed or up-to-date on your PC, you’ll get this error. Just like with DirectX, the error message will appear if the Microsoft Runtime application is broken or missing. If your graphics card is old, you might not be able to run some programs and get When trying to run a program message, the following parts are needed to run this program. Visit Windows official website for more details.
Fixed: ‘The following components are required to run this program’ issue
Consult the Program’s Support/Resources
If you are still having trouble fixing the problem, you should look through the program’s official documentation, community forums, or support forums. There are frequently answers to frequently asked questions to be found there. In addition, if you need assistance with the program, you can get in touch with its support team.
Install the latest Windows updates
- Type “Updates” into the search box in Windows and press “Enter.”
- Click Check for Updates and wait until all the needed files have been downloaded.
- If there are optional updates, you should also install them.
- When you’re done, you’ll need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Install DirectX legacy components
- Open your browser and go to the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer page on the Microsoft website.
- Choose the language you want and then click Download.
- Click the dxwebsetup.exe file to run the installer after it has downloaded.
- Follow the steps, and the process will be done. If you need to, restart your PC.
Install Visual C++ to Fix ‘The following components are required to run this program’ issue
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program in the Control Panel.
- Here, scroll down and look at the list of Visual C++ versions that have been installed.
- Open your browser and go to the official page where you can download Microsoft Visual C++.
- Download and install the missing versions of Visual Studio, including the x84 and x64 versions.
- When you’re done, restart your computer.
Download and Install Missing Components
- To learn more about each component, check out its official website or other reliable sources. In order to avoid getting malware on your computer, you should avoid downloading software from unknown or untrusted sources.
- Download the necessary components based on the versions specified in the error message or the software’s documentation, and save them to the appropriate location.
- To install the components, you will need to run the installation files and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
To summarize, correcting the DirectX Runtime Error in Valorant is a breeze and can be done in a short amount of time. Simply perform a DirectX update, remove Riot Vanguard from your computer, update the drivers for your graphics card, restart your device, and then reinstall Valorant. You won’t have to deal with any vexatious glitches or interruptions in your gaming experience if you follow these instructions.
This error may be brought on by the installation of new software; similar issues have been reported after updating to the most recent version of Windows. The most likely explanation is that some of the Runtime components for the Visual C++ libraries are either missing or corrupt.