In this article we will try to teach you how to How to Fix COD Warzone Crashing/freezing issues on Xbox. Call of Duty: Warzone is a free to play action game in the Call of Duty series published by Activision. Two main game modes are available to play. The goal of this battle royale gameplay is to get rid of your opponents. You can win Plunder mode by collecting the most money in a limited time.
Warzone players on Xbox consoles are reporting crashes, reboots, freezes, black screens, and other technical issues. Unfortunately, if you are also facing these annoying issues and hoping for a solution, the situation is pretty bleak, but we can still give you some possible options that may help you to at least partially mitigate some of the problems. Below we have mention the steps to repair COD Warzone Crashing issue on Xbox.
8 Ways to Repair Call of Duty Warzone crashes on Xbox One
Force Close the Game
- If Call Of Duty Warzone is crashing infrequently on your Xbox One, the first thing you should do is restart the game. This is how you do it:
- While Call of Duty Warzone is running, press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Make sure the largest app tile is highlighted, and then press the Menu button on the controller.
- Select Exit.
- Once the game closes, you can reopen it normally and check for the problem.
- To decrease the chances of your games crashing, you should make sure that you keep all games, apps, and software on your console up to date.
- To check for software updates for your Xbox One:
- Select the Start button in the center of your controller.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Available updates will be listed under Console Information.
Reboot the Console
Minor bugs that can cause games to not work properly or crash can be fixed with a simple restart. Try restarting your console using a controller first. If your Xbox One is unresponsive or frozen, you can unplug the power cable from the back to turn it off. Then wait at least 10 seconds before turning the console back on.
Clean the Game Disc
- If you have the physical game, be sure to check the disc for any scratches, dirt, or cracks. The Xbox One can tolerate certain amounts of scratches, so don’t worry if you now see light scratches on your Call of Duty Modern Warfare disc.
- As long as the scratches appear superficial and the game loads normally, you’re probably fine.
- However, cracks in a game disc are different and should be avoided. They almost always make the disk unreadable.
- If your game disc has a scratch, this may be the reason for the crashes.
- Over time, game discs can get dirty from constant contact and dust buildup.
- Be sure to wipe the game disc with a clean microfiber cloth before inserting it into the console.
Check for Overheating
The Xbox One can overheat if it doesn’t have good ventilation or if it has hardware damage. The most obvious indicator of an overheating problem is heat on the top or sides of the console. To prevent overheating, you should place your console in a cool place away from direct sources of heat. Make sure there is at least 2 inches of clearance around the console.
Update System Cache
- The Xbox One console uses a set of temporary files called cache to load games quickly.
- Sometimes this cache can get stale or corrupted which can lead to crash or hang issues.
- To make sure your system cache is in tip-top shape, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Xbox One.
- Once the indicator lights on the front of the Xbox One and the console’s power brick are off, unplug it from the back of the console.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the power brick back into your Xbox One and turn it on.
Delete the Save Data of the Game
- The deletion of saved game data is permanent, so make sure to create a backup of your data in advance. You can use a USB storage device to do this. Following are the steps to delete game data.
- From Xbox Home, go to Settings.
- Go to System and select Storage.
- Select Manage Storage on the right side of the screen, then select View Content.
- Highlight a game, press the Menu button and select Manage game.
- Select Saved Data on the left side of the screen.
- Select Call of Duty Warzone to access your game save data.
- From here, use the options menu to delete files or to view more information about a specific file.
Reset the MAC Address
- Some Call of Duty players were able to fix crash issues by resetting the media access control address on the console.
- Press the Xbox button.
- Open configuration.
- Go to Network and select Network Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select Alternate MAC Address.
- Select Delete.
- Select Restart.
We hope our article on how to methods Fix COD Warzone Crashing/freezing Problem on Xbox. COD games are one of the best FPS games that are available for multiple gaming platforms like PC, Chromebook, Xbox, Android, iPhone and many others. But when you play it on Xbox some users may face some issues like freezing screen or crashing, to fix this issue follow the steps mentioned above.