This tutorial is about Fix ‘Windows 11 Black Screen’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, Fix ‘Windows 11 Black Screen’ Issue. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check Fix ‘Windows 11 Black Screen’ Issue
Do you have a blank screen in Windows 11? This is one of the most typical problems you may encounter when using Windows 11. This error is easy to fix, and if you are having trouble with Windows 11 black screen, you have reached the correct article. Whether you have access to the desktop or not, the new Windows 11 has many ways to find out what is causing and fix this problem. Windows 11 didn’t have the smoothest startup. Every Patch Tuesday since its release has been packed with a long list of bug fixes, optimizations, and updates.
Methods to resolve Windows 11 black screen
Use a shortcut to check the responsiveness of the PC
- Before trying other solutions, you should check if your Windows 11 PC is responsive. You just need to hold down Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B keys at the same time to know the fact. By doing this, your graphics controller will reboot and beep.
- If the graphics driver is the cause of the black screen error, this operation may resolve it. Also, you can tell if your PC responds through the beep. Then you can try other methods if this method doesn’t work.
Check peripheral connectivity
- According to user reports, Windows 11 black screen error often occurs due to monitor connectivity. Therefore, we recommend that you check the monitor connection. If the connection is loose, you must disconnect and reconnect it.
- If the cable is damaged, you must replace it with another. If there is more than one monitor connected to your PC, disconnect them and keep only one.
Clean your PC
- System overheating is also responsible for Windows error 11 black screen of death. System will stay cool when CPU fan is working properly. However, if dust accumulates or CPU fan error occurs, the performance of the fan will decrease. Then your computer overheats.
- In this case, you can try cleaning the CPU fan, graphics card, as well as RAM and power supply unit with a cloth. To cool down your PC, you can also place it in a place with sufficient air circulation.
Modify projection settings
If there is no problem with the monitor, you can check if your projection settings are wrong, as wrong settings can also cause a black screen in Windows 11. You can check and modify the projection settings with the following steps.
- Open the Projection Settings by pressing the Windows and P keys. In the prompted menu, you can see four options (PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend and Second screen only). In normal cases, the PC display only option is the default option. If the option is set for others, you may encounter a black or blank screen problem.
- To change the projection settings, press the down arrow key to move to other options. As the screen goes black, you can’t see the options. Fortunately, you can still change the settings by using the arrow and Enter keys. Lower the highlighter one by one until the option is set only on the PC screen.
Delete recent updates
Although Windows updates can fix known bugs and bring in new features, they sometimes trigger bugs. According to user reports, the black screen error can occur after a system update. In this case, you must roll back those updates.
To view and uninstall updates, you can follow these steps.
- Open Settings by pressing Windows + I keys and then click Windows Update in the left pane.
- Click Update History to continue the process.
- In the next window, you can see the update history. To remove the new updates, click the Uninstall updates option in the Related Settings section.
- In the Installed Updates window, you can see all installed update versions. Right-click the recently installed update and click Uninstall. Then confirm and follow the instructions on the screen to finish the uninstallation.
Scan for viruses or malware
Viruses or malware can damage system files and cause Windows 11 black screen. To see if it is the reason for the black screen, you can run a virus scan. Both third-party antivirus software and Windows built-in Windows Defender are capable of doing just that.
Here, we show you how to run a virus scan through Windows Defender in Windows 11.
- Right-click the Windows icon on the desktop and click Settings.
- In the Settings window, tap Privacy & Security> Windows Security option.
- Tap on the Virus & Threat Protection option.
- For more scanning options, click Scan Options. Alternatively, you can also directly click on the Quick Scan option to start the process.
- In the next window, select a scanning mode according to your demand and click Scan Now to start the process.
Damaged or corrupt system files can also result in Windows black screen with cursor error. For that, Windows built-in program SFC (System File Checker) can help you detect and repair corrupted system files.
- Open the Run dialog box, enter cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys. By doing so, you can run the command prompt as an administrator.
- In the elevated window, type sfc / scannow and hit the Enter key to start the process. As shown in the picture below, you can see the scanning process. You better not interrupt the process and wait for it to finish.
Update graphics drivers
Windows black screen with cursor error also occurs if the graphics driver is out of date. In this case, you can update the graphics driver with the steps below.
- Click the search icon on the desktop and then type device manager in the prompted window. Touch Open or Device Manager to continue.
- Expand Display Adapters by double clicking on it. Then right-click the graphics driver listed under the expanded option and click Update Driver.
- In the next window, you can click Search for drivers automatically or Search my computer for drivers to update your driver.
Final remarks: Fix ‘Windows 11 Black Screen’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, Fix ‘Windows 11 Black Screen’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.