Destiny 2 Lightfall: How to Get Terminal Overload Keys is the most important new public event in Neomuna, the new place in Destiny 2: Lightfall. Terminal Overload is a tough battle between Cabal and Vex forces that takes place in three stages. It is similar to public events like Escalation Protocol and Altars of Sorrow.
It’s a high-level event, so you should finish the Lightfall campaign and level up your Guardian before you go. Terminal Overload can be played by up to six people, and since some of the enemies are especially dangerous, you’ll want to make sure you have a full fireteam ready for all parts of the game.
What Is Terminal Overload?
In Destiny 2: Lightfall, a new Public Activity called Terminal Overload has been added. It happens in each of the three main districts of Neomuna—Ahimsa Park, Zephyr Concourse, and Liming Harbor—on a regular basis. As a reward, each district gives a different weapon.
You might have found one of these activities by accident and died in just one or two shots. That’s because you need a Light level of at least 1750 to handle the challenge that Terminal Overload brings.You won’t be able to get a Terminal Overload Key until you finish the campaign, so it’s best to finish Lightfall’s main story before diving into this challenging mode.
How to Get Terminal Overload Keys in Destiny 2 Lightfall
- Perform activities in Neomuna.
- Follow the correct approach.
- Maintain a patrol while performing tasks in Neomuna.
- Engage in simpler patrols like killing enemies or gathering supplies.
- Perform patrols simultaneously with other goals.
- Earn Neomuna reputation, Strand Meditations, and other resources from patrols.
- Attempt the Terminal Overload activity.
- Stay under patrol supervision during Terminal Overload.
- Use a method similar to farming Vestiges of Dread in the Derelict Leviathan.
- Complete multiple patrols in one run due to the abundance of enemies in the area.
- Terminal Overload can occur multiple times, although less likely than the Nimbus bounty.
- There is no limit to the number of times Terminal Overload can be attempted.
How to Use Keys
Terminal Overload Keys are mostly used for two things. The first is obvious: open the locked chest at the end of a successful Terminal Overload activity. The second is getting a Key to pull the Vex Invasion Countermeasures Nimubs Weekly Bounty. To even get to the Weekly, you have to finish the Bluejay Archivist quest, but if you do the Partition activity, you can get a Pinnacle reward.
You now know everything you need to know about how to get Terminal Overload Keys and how to use them. As one of the most useful consumables in Lightfall, you’ll want to keep one in your inventory at all times. Check out our D2 guides hub for more on Destiny 2’s most recent expansion.
You begin Terminal Overload by destroying the Anchors. Terminal Overload is split into three sections. Each section provides a reward chest for a completion of the required objectives with only the final boss awarding the Neomuna-specific weapons.
In the search field, enter the title of your game and select the result that displays “Owned” in the title or best matches what you’re looking for. Under the Overview/Details section, you’ll see the available DLC add-on content displayed. Choose the content you wish to download.