Over the course of the past few years, we have all been Get Verified on Twitter. Verification on Twitter, which appears as a blue check mark next to a user’s profile, used to be the primary means by which Twitter distinguished notable accounts; however, this process has since undergone significant development and adjustment.
Once upon a time, in order to become verified on the social network, you were required to submit a verification request; however, as of recently, all that is required is a Twitter Blue subscription (which costs $11 per month) and a verified phone number. In this post, we will provide you with a brief overview of the history of obtaining verification on Twitter, walk you through the steps to obtain verification on Twitter in 2023, and delve into the question of whether or not it is still worthwhile to pursue verification at all.
What does Twitter verification mean?
A Twitter profile that displays the “verified” badge indicates that the account has been checked and found to be genuine. It indicates that Twitter acknowledges the account in question as being real, credible, authentic, and of interest to the general public. In any case, the verification label has an official statement that reads as follows.
Twitter verification can also be understood in a sense that is more colloquial as status. A Twitter verification badge has long been regarded as a significant indicator of either a user’s social standing within the Twitter community or their ability to effectively communicate their importance.
Eligibility Criteria for Twitter Verification
- Authenticity: The account must be authentic and represent a real person or entity.
- Public interest: The account must be of public interest. This means that the account must be associated with a person, brand, or organization that is widely known and recognized.
- Activity: The account must be active. This means that the account must have tweeted recently and have a significant number of followers.
- Completeness: The account must be complete. This means that the account must have a profile photo, display name, bio, and website.
- Safety: The account must be safe. This means that the account must not be associated with any violations of Twitter’s terms of service
How to Get Verified on Twitter
- On your phone, go to Twitter and tap on your profile picture.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy again, then tap on Your Account.
- You can make a verification request by going to “Account Information.” Simply touch it and click the “Apply now” button. After that, you can drop a verification request by following the steps shown on the screen. You will be asked to prove who you are.
Tips for a Successful Verification Request
- Make sure your account meets the eligibility criteria. Twitter verifies accounts that are notable, authentic, and active.
- Grow your audience. The more followers you have, the more likely Twitter is to verify your account.
- Be active on Twitter. Tweet regularly and engage with your followers.
- Complete your profile. Make sure your profile has a profile photo, display name, bio, and website.
- Be yourself. Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Twitter wants to verify accounts that are authentic.
- Write a clear and concise verification request. In your request, explain why you believe your account should be verified and provide links to evidence to support your claim.
- Be patient. The verification process can take several weeks.
How Much Verified Twitter Blue ticks Cost Now
The price of Twitter Blue varies depending on where you live as well as how you sign up for the service. For instance, in the United States, the blue verified tick costs $11 per month or $114.99 per year for users of iOS or Android, while it costs $8 per month or $84 per year for users of the web platform.
For iOS users in India, the Blue badge has a monthly fee of Rs 900 and an annual fee of Rs 9,400. These prices are in Indian rupees. The monthly cost for Android users is 900 rupees, while the annual cost comes to 9,400 rupees. The cost of using the website each month is Rs 650, and the total cost for the year is Rs 6,800.
What are the benefits of Twitter Blue?
Twitter says that people who sign up for Twitter Blue will get a blue checkmark on their profile once they are approved, priority in replies, mentions, and search results, 50% fewer ads in their home timeline, the ability to post longer videos, and early access to Twitter Blue Labs’ features like editable tweets, NFT profile pictures, and 1080p video uploads. There are, however, some features that aren’t available everywhere. As the company works on it, Twitter says that these features may change from time to time.
In India, both Android and iOS users can sign up for Twitter Blue for ₹900 a month. The price for web is ₹650 per month. People can also choose to pay ₹6,800 for an annual subscription on the web. It costs ₹9,400 a year to subscribe on both iOS and Android.
Now, Twitter gives creators a cut of the money made from ads that show up in replies to their posts. People who have been a Twitter Blue subscriber for three months and whose tweets have been seen more than five million times each month can join.